1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

why do some men stop talking with out saying the reason or giving the second chance?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nolife, Jan 18, 2016.

1. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I have spoken to couple of guys for marriage proposals. I have noticed that they have stopped talking with out giving the right reason of hurt. I am not sure in what way I have hurt them.

I have seen it with my ex as well , it was not major issue from my end but he has cut all the communication with me and it ended in divorce. I would not want to discuss much in detail about the past though.

In the guys I am interested in I tried to contact them via phone or by message but there was no reply. Why can't they say "i am not interested due to xyz reason" instead of cutting communication.

In some of arranged matches set up, i would usually get clear communication of no from the guys parents. Some never turned up after multiple follow ups.

Are all men same ? If they don't like some thing in wife would they just stop talking ? How did you guys resolve these communication issues?

What is that I need to talk if i am meeting a guy.

2. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

Re: why do some men stop talking with out saying the reason or giving the second chan

It's hard to say because it sounds so vague and your original post doesn't seem to suggest any detail at all. Also, generalizing it as all men also won't cut it (even though it may feel that way to you right now).

Are there specifically things that you see exhibited from them that seems like they're interested until...they're not? Do you suspect there's something that you're doing that is either attracting these sort of guys or perhaps, becoming a barrier? Either way, the appropriate thing to do would be to at least say "hey, I don't think things will work out between us...etc. etc" but hey, some guys and gals either lack the etiquette or feel really uncomfortable about approaching and confronting it in that way for whatever reason. Maybe they feel like they don't have a connection that merits closure like that? Maybe they think you didn't need them to say it? Maybe they're just cowards. Can't say.

1 person likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Re: why do some men stop talking with out saying the reason or giving the second chan

OP....some people find not talking less rude than telling a person why they don't like a person,specially in marriage proposals..Some people are not comfortable in hurting the feelings of the other person. Take the silence as a no.

1 person likes this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

If they are not interested, then why are you so bothered about them now?

It might be their way of responding to your request. If they are genuinely uninterested, then it is the best way to tell it. All you need is to understand their silence.
    See, it would be hurtful to tell a woman as "you are not attractive", "I don't like you", or "I hate you".. Rather, it is decent to end it with a silence.
    All you need is to realize this, and move on.

If these men are interested, needless to say... They would follow you. Else, assume they are not. And thank them for being polite like this.

2 people like this.
  5. nehakhetal

nehakhetal Bronze IL'ite

I also feel so sometimes, I am not sure but I think, it may be possible that they dont want to hurt female counterpart or get hurted , or dont want to worsen situation than existing one. I think improper communication / communication gap may be the issue. Males have typical ego so starting conversation by taking initiative may solve the problem.

1 person likes this.
  6. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

In my opinion, the males have no problem in proceeding to the next option if one doesn't work out. They don't look back, dissect the past or even think sending a one-line text is necessary if they don't want to proceed.

Sorry, if I am generalizing here. But that is how it is.

OP, their silence means NO. So dont worry your head so much.

1 person likes this.