1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

I am moving to LA next month ,pls help me

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by ruchisa, Jan 15, 2016.

1. ruchisa

ruchisa New IL'ite

I am moving to LA next month ,pls help me with info about the good areas with indian communities and good schools. pls also suggest good appartment names in that area as it will help me to avoid search.My husband's office is in down town so any thing between 10 -45 min drive from there.
    Need quick replies Ladies pls.
    Ruchi

2. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

Congrats on your move! Depending on what your day to day routine is, I would highly recommend areas like Burbank, Glendale, and Studio City in proper LA. Unless you're further south. Then I'd recommend Irvine which is pretty close to Arcadia (which is essentially a centralized Little India with restaurants and groceries for like 4-5 blocks). All the other Indian groceries outside of Arcadia were either not that good or overpriced or both. LMK if you have any more questions. I'm not an expert but my husband lived there for the first 2 years of our marriage and I was pretty much a weekend wife ;-) We got to familiarize ourselves a few parts of LA during that time.

3. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

Artesia* not Arcadia :whistle

4. SahanaBalaji

SahanaBalaji New IL'ite

Hi Ruchisa,
    We also recently moved to LA.. we stay at Buena park since the apartments close to downtown were all expensive. Its called Woodstone Apartments. Let me know if that helped or if you already found a place.
    Sahana

5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Look for La Brea apartments, it is in west LA. We lived there for 2 years. It is the second largest community in US. Inside you have walking trial, rent is not too high. It has minimum facilities and nearer to many museums. I drop and pick up my kid to the elementary school by walk. We walked to the art museum which was across the street.
    Many Indians are there.