Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 23, 2014.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha, looks like ILites have a thing against internet companies, what?

2. satchitananda

Akanksha, why did you delete your post???

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

May I join in...
    Is the puzzle in #3639 post solved ?
    I guess its P L Deshpande ..

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Saras!! yay!! So nice to see you buddy!!

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Saraswathipv,

No, puzzle # 3639 is open for neurites to attempt as the results for that is not announced by the originator @Satchitananda. All of us prefer not to give the answer directly to keep the interest alive for others who are still trying it. Please keep this in mind for the next puzzle and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Puzzle # 3555 by Smt. Jayasala is still open if you like to try that out.

I suggest Smt. Jayasala and Satchi to publish the results sometime today if everyone had tried out these two puzzles giving way to @PriyaSrini to publish her puzzles.

Thank you.

Viswa

6. satchitananda

Answer to #3639

Since most of you'll have solved the puzzle, I shall now announce the answer. Yes, it is P.L Deshpande.

He was musician, playwright, actor, writer as well as humourist. He lived for many years on Grant Road, Mumbai. He studied in Fergusson College. He was a teacher for a while. His first wife was from the Diwadkar family of Karjat and died early. He then married Sunita who was also a writer in Ratnagiri.

Pu La as he was affectionately called also did a considerable stint at Doordarshan and was the first person to interview Jawaharlal Nehru on Doordarshan. He was 'Maharashtrache Laadke Vyaktimatva' or 'Maharashtra's beloved personality'.

I was blessed to visit him and his wife at their home in Pune shortly before he died, but unfortunately he was in a wheel-chair and unable to speak due to Parkinson's. Such an irony for such a gifted person.

I had a Pu La fest on YouTube this weekend. It felt so surreal to see him in his 60s talking, walking .....

But then that is life and the personality and his contribution to so many fields - literature, art, teaching ..... lives on behind him.

5 people like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

There was a request from Sabitha to have a different font for all the answers for puzzles and Gowri requested for making the answers in the font you find for answers here. Also she requested to give a link to the puzzle when publishing answers. This is just for your future reference.

Regards.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh look who's finally here! My dearest, oldest quizzing buddy! hugsmileySo happy to see you here!

1 person likes this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

To give everyone a history of how this thread started, check this one out- http://www.indusladies.com/forums/online-games-and-puzzles/89583-what-where-in-the-world.html

That was the mommy thread that started it all. It was a simpler time, a simpler quiz. Reverse image search wasn't a big thing yet. When I became active on IL again after a 3 year hiatus, Saras and Uttara/Aria/Lyraa both sent me msgs asking if I had any new game ideas. That led to the genesis of this thread!!:)

3 people like this.
  10. satchitananda

Hey Saras, so good to see you here!!!