KG1 Admissions (Indian Schools - CBSE) for 2016-17

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by Priya2410, Aug 7, 2015.

1. NewAdmission

NewAdmission New IL'ite

Dear,

I truly understand the frustration through your message. We are not sure of the selection criteria in DPS, but i am definite that they are not doing the selection based on communities. In fact it would be unfair to say this towards the 150 odd kids that you are referring to. Maybe they have performed better in their session or maybe the teacher saw a better talent in them (I am not saying that others are not). I would not like to take away the credit from those 150 odd kids by saying this.

I would like to sum it up that all CBSE schools are INDIAN schools rather than a North or South Indian School!

BR,

2 people like this.
  2. ChinnuH

ChinnuH Junior IL'ite

i ve read all the reviews..am not blaming any particular school or the authorities.... from the start i ve heard that dps has got more kids from North India but i did not take that into consideration(pls pls this is the thing i have heard from others and its not my opinion....pls dont misunderstand)...I also applied IHS, Gems etc.... The real thing that matters is the the time we've spent and the excitement on finishing each tasks for dps admission....Atleast after getting the exct number of applicants they should have stopped taking the reg fees.... For IHS also they take money from all...around 10000 ppl will pay and only 250 gets....

Somebody was saying that thier kid is going to nursery since 2 yrs only for this dps...am also sending him to nursery from 2yrs,but its not only for dps(cos ive heard of dps only before 4 months) till then i only had thought of sending him to some good GEMS school... now he is 4...he has a good british slang, he mingles with all, he knows everything of his age ..... Each parent is proud of thier own kids...i am sending him from last two years not cos to pass any interview, i ve never pressurised him or have asked the nursery ppl to give him mock interviews.... he is my only kid and mrng he ll get bored so he can spent three hours playing...

For dps interview my son went inside smart, and when we parents were called he was playing with blocks with other kids....very normal scenario....we were interviewd by two ladies...i dont know who are they...but one of those teacher asked all the questions....she dint even looked at our face...her attitude was soo rude...first question itelf was which nursery??? are u working?? and that harsh interview was for just under 3 mins... that time itself we felt so bad...why cant they look at us once or smile once.....After the interview we thought that if they look only on the capability of children they will surely take him regardless north or south...

Now when i read the reviews i saw similiar thing have happened with others too....I am happy that whoever got its one of the best schools in sharjah for cbse...and whoever did not get thru a much better option is waiting for thier kids...pls dont lose hope...All the best....All kids are precious.... :)

3 people like this.
  3. amusedmolecule

amusedmolecule New IL'ite

I am reading this thread from 3 days. I am confused are the discussions really for KG admissions or IIT admissions?

3 people like this.
  4. PREETHIANOOP

PREETHIANOOP New IL'ite

hi kalpana......yes u r right....let we go to the word "LUCK". Those days are long gone when residents checked which school had the best infrastructure and teachers before admitting their children. Now, most schools in the city have lotteries during the admission season and parents have to bank on their luck. this is the game of luck that makes us depressed and makes us happy. not only u but also other parents who doesnt get to attend interactive session in good schools.... im saying "fate". or dark knight. my son has also the same qualities....what can i do....nothing ...ordinary people just wait and watch....rest to god....:yes:

1 person likes this.
  5. Purnima21

Purnima21 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Parents,
    Please take a note. From all the threads we re reading from past few days here is quite frustrating as our kids our still looking for admission for kg1.
    Dps is just another posh school who took 400 dhs just for running their schools not not giving admission.it's just for their admin work they charge for sms/emails....Just people who lost their hard money on scam coz of no admission even the kid was excellent. To all parents who did not get admission I would urge them to complain to dept of economic online or call on 600545555 for dps taking money before admission right. There is online KHDA complaint too. So from next year atleast they will charge only to ppl who confirm the admission.
    Rest all pray for all kids & parents for the hunt of kg1 admission.

1 person likes this.
  6. Purnima21

Purnima21 Bronze IL'ite

It's all Luck my dear tc n keep trying for next school. God Bless.

1 person likes this.
  7. PREETHIANOOP

PREETHIANOOP New IL'ite

hi suhai,
    i think it was on previous week...not sure

8. puppybala

puppybala New IL'ite

Hi dear all my son attend Ryan interaction secession.... I applied ourownshj but they r not call for interaction..... Ryan is the only hope. pls pray for me....I called today habitat ajman they said only starting sibling category not general..... after 15 its starts..... feeling very tensed..... whattodo..... lots of pressure....

9. Suhai

Suhai New IL'ite

Thank u Preethi..Did u get any mail after ur interview..

1 person likes this.
  10. Mary1987

Mary1987 Senior IL'ite

Gulf indian international school mail and call us for interview..that was on 23rd Nov, unfortunately didn't attend that session due to some personal problems.

1 person likes this.