KG1 Admissions (Indian Schools - CBSE) for 2016-17

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by Priya2410, Aug 7, 2015.

1. smrithie

smrithie New IL'ite

Hi kalpanasashi

Lets not argue over being a south indian or north Indian.Iam a south indian and had no influence but my daughter has got in DPS .

DPS must have been priority to many of us but not getting in is not the end .Iam sure every parent and kid would have given their best to secure seat .No one can judge a kid in a couple of time,but ultimately the school can accomdate only the number of seats they have.Each school have there own procedure ,so it wont be fair to blame school.

I had applied in LPS,Emirates national,DPS,Our own,Millenium and Ryan Just in a hope of getting a seat in one of them .

2 people like this.
  2. Nainugatty

Nainugatty New IL'ite

Hi kalpana my son s also going to happy home nursery from last 9 mnth before that he used to go to skill centre from age 2yrs .he s very bold and very good in every category including writing he s writing all capital letters indipendently and numbers also. He can identify every animal fruits and vegetables shapes including rhymes . He can identify any model of cars in the world even I don't know some of them.
    The thigh s we are also training our kids from the day one and if he s not selected that doesn't mean he s not capable. I can proudly say he s way better in all categories. But ya we are southindians and am proud about that. It s not true that the one who get selected s only doing hardwork and others are not.
    We are just depressed parents so pls hope all understand.

2 people like this.
  3. Suhai

Suhai New IL'ite

Hi Preethianoop

When did u attend gulf Indian school interview. I am also waiting for result from gulf Indian school.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mary1987

Mary1987 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Second list of selected students published in Lps site...

Thank-you

5. NewAdmission

NewAdmission New IL'ite

Hello Neha,

The fees to enroll in DPS upon selection is AED 4660/-. This is based on own transport (without any transportation fees).

BR,

6. hum

hum New IL'ite

Hi am a south indian and my kid got selected in Dps.

7. Neens

Neens New IL'ite

Hi,

In this thread itself, we see that many south Indians got selected to DPS and many not. So, it is not correct that South Indians are not considered. DPS has some selection procedure/criteria which is "unknown" to us. We also heard (and thought) that they will choose mostly north Indians. But in our case and my friend's case that is found untrue. Both of us are south Indians with zero influence.

I was ready to accept the interview outcome whatever it is. When we apply at some place for school admission/job we accept their selection criteria. Otherwise we should not apply there at all. I fully understand the frustration parents are feeling. We also applied in many schools and she didn't get selected to any of the schools where they use lot system. I also felt that the lot results may be influenced but we respect their decision. We were very much worried where we will admit her.

Let everyone move on from this and hope you will find good schools for your kids

8. NewAdmission

NewAdmission New IL'ite

Dear All,

I believe judging a child at an age less than 4 is a tough job for the child and for the teacher that is new to them. None of us are sure of the selection criteria schools have (specially DPS). We have all read about forums in the past where they were accused of being racists or regionally bias towards North Indians. But we still do apply for this school and only when we face dejection is when we speak out. We all know that the seats are limited and not all applications will get through. But we still go ahead and apply hoping that we would get through.

I don't see any reason why a school would be bias towards any region or sect. I have done my schooling in UAE and was not even called for an interview of my daughter from that school. I am sure they must have had some sort of policies or shortlisting methods.

I am sure each and every kid is brilliant at their own levels. But like one said, 15 mins would decide the fate of the kid or rather the parents in that particular school. I too am confident of my child's talent and am sure she is capable of answering all the questions that are being asked. They are young and i would not blame them if they become nervous at being questioned one fine day by somebody not known to them.

I have full respect for the policy of GEMS (i.e., collection of money only once the child is selected). But i am not sure why DPS collects AED 400/- (non-refundable) fees from parents prior to their selection. I believe this point surely needs to be debated because as expats in UAE we are running all ends to meet the living standards in this country. They should probably be more lenient on this matter.

We had finished our interview with GEMS Millennium SHJ last Thursday and have today sent an email to them informing about our intention to enroll our child in DPS SHJ and if in case they do select my Child, to kindly award it to another deserving candidate.

Hope each child has a bright future.

BR,

1 person likes this.
  9. bhavy

bhavy New IL'ite

hi mary,what u said is true.today v went to habitat school n they said currently admission is happenin to sibling category.for nonsiblings its from dec 10th on first come first serve basis.they hv written preregistration 100 aed but nothing of that sort is happening.they go directly to admission procedure.

could some one please let me know about habitat school.hw about its reviews.please its urgent coz v hv time only till dec 10th

10. rajdhana57

rajdhana57 Junior IL'ite

Let me clear one thing partialty towards one community means not only that people slected.for example one school select 200 kids means 150 kids will be frm same community 25 to 50 frm other .they are only in minimal no

1 person likes this.