KG1 Admissions (Indian Schools - CBSE) for 2016-17

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by Priya2410, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Purnima21

Purnima21 Bronze IL'ite

For indian academy u need to pay reg fee of 600 .After interactive session with in 2 to 3 days ur informed abt result and have to make term payment of around 3000.One of my friend kid has got admission .[/QUOTE]

Morover they are till 7th if I am not wrong. 600 dhs...wow.....term 3000 is for 1st term?

2. hum

hum New IL'ite

Indian Academy is till grade 7 but they said they will keep upgrading every year

3. Purnima21

Purnima21 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Hum
    It's The Indian academy. .right sharjah. TIA

4. kalpanasashi

kalpanasashi New IL'ite

Hi just now I saw u r post and I feel what ever may be their criteria that's not an issue here, its only the selection procedure which is frustrating. According to me the interview should take place in front of us so that v can be sure about how our child performed. Rather than blaming situations. And moreover if seats availability is so less why call so many people.The whole point is their selection procedure damands so much hardwork from parents & at the end of the day if it goes wast its frustrating.

1 person likes this.
  5. kalpanasashi

kalpanasashi New IL'ite

Dear all. I am new to this forum but this forum is not new to me. I have been in constant touch in the thread regarding school admissions in sharjah.
    l want to share my experience & feedback regarding DPS admission procedure, so that, it will be useful for people who r applying next year. Regarding DPS, the general opinion what I got is that, they give preference only to North Indians and if U r a South Indian, U should have very good influence, but I didn't believe this because I am a person who want to take straight route, not the shortcuts. I thought, let me apply as everyone does.
    My son is studying in Happy Home Nursery. Right now he is 4 years old. In his school, two Teachers & Counsellor gave me an opinion that he is very Bold, Confident & able to answer all questions whatever v ask. They have trained him so well. Not only them, even I have trained him to the extent of writing. He can write all the lines like standing, sleeping,etc. He knows to write capital letters till F. He knows to write small letters till c. He knows to tell, identify, & even to draw all the shapes. He is good with colours, numbers & all the basics. So, because of this I was quiet hopeful about his admission.
    We had an interactive session* in Gems Millennium, sharjah. It was done in front of us and as expected he answered all the questions what ever they asked & he also got selected there.
    As a point to be noted, in millennium they collected Reg fee only from people who r selected & not from everyone who has applied, like DPS. My son has also attended an interactive session in an O level school last year, there also he got selected, but because v wanted to put him in CBSE v didn't join him there and waited for these schools.
    Now coming to the main point, our interactive session with DPS was so worse that, at that time itself I knew that v r not going to be selected. The scenario was as if the interview was just a formality they r not going to consider us at all.
    When v reached there, they took my son in, within 5 to 10 min they called us. The lady who asked us questions dint even look at our faces properly, she was so rude & unpleasant towards us. We felt Very Very Humiliated. At that point* I felt like, why am I doing this. They just asked few questions & sent us out. We felt like, is this the way an interactive session should go. I am quiet confident that my son would have answered all the questions they asked, but was more confident that v r not going to b selected.
    How much sleepless nights I have spent for looking the online sites to open. How much hardwork I have put in this to train my son. He has undergone 3 to 4 mock interactive sessions in his nursery for this purpose. But on the day of interview I felt that all this was waste because it was not even considered. At this point I really feel that the opinion what I got from everyone that South Indians r not considered is true because, few of my other friends who got selected r Northys & not selected r South indians.
    Through this forum I just need to know how many of u r South Indians who got selected. Is this opinion true. If it is true why can't they put in front of their school that South Indians pls dont apply. The reason mentioned for not selecting was limited availability of seats. If that's the case, why did they allow so many entries & collect Reg fee from all of them. This is not fair.
    Pls ladies b careful next year think twice because DPS is considered as the best school in sharjah & everybody applies, no one knows what is their criteria of selection. One of my friends son is in DPS, they r Northys. She has checked with one of the teacher about the criteria of selection, they said that its only child's ability. If that is the case why my son didn't get selected. I don't find any other reason than v being South Indians. I feel so bad that I have been wasting my time all these days. I got so demotivated that I am not having any interest to do anything. So ladies please help me and give u r opinion on this. What am I thinking, is it right or not.

2 people like this.
  6. PREETHIANOOP

PREETHIANOOP New IL'ite

hi chinu
    good to c ur message. i have applied to lps, our own,..... excellent, KGS,Gulf indian high school, ryan. and looking for shj indian school. ryan, ooes and gulf indian they called for an interview.... attend and waiting for the result.....hmmm.

7. PREETHIANOOP

PREETHIANOOP New IL'ite

hi nivethitha, this is true. we r facing the same difficulty for our son. from ur message i feel very sad ...... it ok..... let c...

1 person likes this.
  8. PREETHIANOOP

PREETHIANOOP New IL'ite

hi hum, execellent school registration has now closed.

9. Mary1987

Mary1987 Senior IL'ite

Hi smitha,
    I checked with school, they said admission started only for sibling and general category will open on 10th December.
    You completed your registration under which category.

Thank-you
    Mary

QUOTE=smrithie;3650532]Purnima iam not sure abt reg fee have heard its 100 aed[/QUOTE]

10. rajdhana57

rajdhana57 Junior IL'ite

Hi kalpana
    Ur opinion is absouletly true and we also came across this situation too since our interaction session was very rude at that time.Not only in dps even LPS also showing the same kind of attitude ..if u see the 2 set of interview call for list in LPS u ll understand the same.. i hope DPS will not publish the complete result through online since everyone ll aware next time....

1 person likes this.