Kerala Trip - Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Cochin' started by esha469, Oct 29, 2015.

1. esha469

esha469 New IL'ite

Hi all

I will be in kerala from 18-20 Nov for attending a conference in CUSAT university.
    I need a good hotel to stay in (budget : Rs. 2000 per day);
    I will be free for two evenings, I want to do shopping also (sarees, chudidaars, bangles etc).

Can anybody suggest some good Hotel to stay & where can I shop at reasonable prices ...

Regards

2. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Which freaking department is organizing this conference.. by default organizers wll take care of accommodation and transport..
    BTW, CUSAT has a fine guest house inside its campus.. though its not 5 star, but it is livable for couple of days..
    If you compare to HYD, shopping in Cochin may not be much.. locals suggest MG road for evening outings.. but its too far from campus.

3. remz

remz New IL'ite

Hi esha,

You can try for room reservations in the Hotel called Park Residency which is in Kakkanad. In this website, I see their rates to be Rs, 1,800/- per day. Please see:
    Hotel Park Residency Kochi, India: Agoda.com

Lulu Mall is just 3 - 3.5 kms away from CUSAT and you can get an auto/cab to reach the mall. MG road and Marine drive are around 8 - 9 kms from CUSAT and you will have to sail through a lot of traffic blocks to reach there.

MG road has Seematti, Jayalakshmi Silks etc which are popular textile brands in Kerala. It would definitely take you at least an hour to reach MG road from CUSAT. So plan your shopping accordingly.

On a side note "Welcome to Kerala!" :thumbsup

4. PriyaDominic

PriyaDominic Gold IL'ite

welcome to Kochi!!

Park residency is a good place to stay as per REmz.
    If you are a shopping crazy person you should defenitely hit convent junction for salwars n sarees. Shops like S designs, Level 10 and all the small boutiques will offer you good variety.
    Bangles, ear rings and accessories would be better in Hyd itself.
    Lulu mall wil be a good hang out with friends.
    You can take a uber taxi n go. I f you shae your interest i can help mpre.
    Panampilly nagar Kochi has classy boutiques which are expensive but classy!!

5. LisnaFernandez

LisnaFernandez Junior IL'ite

Why dont you opt for oyo rooms which will give you better rooms with discounts !!
    The CUSAT campus is about 10 kms far away from the main city. You can use the uber service to get in place where you want to.
    Lulu mall will be expensive where it sells only high branded clothes. You can visit broadway if you want chaper clothes. If you can afford a medium price range, you can visit the convent junction. This place fills of many boutiques sells good varieties of clothes. Even every accessories for women are available here.
    You can hangout in marine drive, subash park and the childrens park near to it.
    Fortkochi is another place where foreigners usually visit and lives. You can go to fortkochi by water means from marine drive. It is an ancient place with ancient buildings.
    During working days, morning 8 to 10 and evening 4.30 to 7 will be very rush on roads. So if possible, avoid these timing for your travel from CUSAT campus to main city.