Navaratri 2015 Contest - "Themed Golu"

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Yashikushi, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@vanisriv
    First tell me How and where you store,pack n unpack all these goodies???Industrious EFFORT.

Nailed the theme,clean and clear cut description and display.Each and every Tittle neatly packed with.
    [​IMG]to you.

Liked the pictorial visuals of neyvediyam,Portrait of Andal and Krishna, Navadhanya Kolam of Cow and Calf,Hand Crafted Sangu Chakaram and Namam
    My Gorgeous,I'm in the midst of Handmade Art and Crafts Galore.[​IMG]

Sorry to ask this question,Just curious.
    is all that art and craft made by you???and this Golu at your place???or from some community????

Thank you so much for making this contest a real Divine one through your adorable Bakthi Vision.

1 person likes this.
  2. Yashikushi

3. Yashikushi

Exactly You echoed my voice.[​IMG]
    Thanks for the spell bounding comment.

4. Yashikushi

@SrividaNKumar
    wow.Colorful and catchy theme and display.Neat arrangement.Sharp photography.
    HUGE Collection Of Dolls.[​IMG]
    Liked the green red Bg for the steps,enhancing the beauty of the Dolls kept on.

Learned so much from your description about thirukkolams.Very well depicted.[​IMG]
    Thank you so much in taking part and sharing your divine vision with us.

1 person likes this.
  5. savitamathur

savitamathur Bronze IL'ite

6. savitamathur

savitamathur Bronze IL'ite

hi VaniVyas
    thanks for ur comments. For the Vishnu idol I used a blue sweat pant and sweat shirt, stuffed it with newspaper and tied the dhoti. for feet I used blue socks and made stuffed hands.
    the adishesha is made with thermacol and wire mesh.

1 person likes this.
  7. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

Very nice golu displays. I love navarathri. Admire the creativity of themed golus and always love traditional ones.

1 person likes this.
  8. DHIVYARAMANAN

DHIVYARAMANAN New IL'ite

Hi All :)

The theme of our kolu this year was "Festivals of India" along with "Unity and Diversity in India". The festivals such as Diwali, Thai Pongal, Sivarathri, Durga Puja, Christmas, Varalakshmi Vratam, Ganesh Chaturthi, Republic Day, Thai Pongal, Onam were showcased along with environment friendly festivals such as Dolphin Festival and Bird Festival.

The Dolphin and Turtle festival happening in Mumbai every year organised by the Maharashtra Tourism in which the tourists get to see the hatching of turtles and to save our national aquatic animal - Dolphin from being a endangered species.
    Bird Festival in Karnataka is happening every year to teach the people about the importance of birds and how to conserve them.

The highlights of our kolu includes:
    --> A bulletin board highlighting the importance of each festival and crisply explaining about how it is being celebrated.
    --> The traditional Five step kolu having Gods in the first step followed by Dasavatharam and Ashta Lakshmi on the next step followed by Incarnations of God like Sai Baba, Sri Raghavendra on the next step followed by Human dolls such as Wedding in the next step followed by Birds and Animals (Pasu-Pachi) in the last step.
    --> Each festival is arranged creatively highlighting its importance highlighting a few of them:
    i) Diwali - Return of Rama from exile and people celebrating it as the festival of lights
    ii) Christmas - Birth of Jesus Christ and people celebrating it having crib with baby Jesus and Mary, decorating Christmas trees, singing carols and hanging stars.
    iii) Maasi Magam - Temple festival where people rejoice seeing the Kovil Ther.
    iv) Onam - Victory of King Mahabali and it is showcased using boat race and poo kolams.
    v) Thai Pongal - Farmers worshiping Sun God and it is showcased using Oyilatam, Karakatam - the traditional dance forms, cows being decorated, having pongal pot for each family.
    vi) Republic Day - Rejoicing the Republic India which is showcased as Children honoring the Indian National Flag and great leaders such as Gandhiji, Netaji are kept and notes are written about them for people to read and praise them.
    --> Unity in Diversity in India is showcased having various people of India with Mother India uniting them. National Symbols such as Flag, Emblem, Rupee, Animal, Flower, Bird, Aquatic Animal, Tree, etc have been showcased.

--> Though the people of India are celebrating various festivals living in different states speaking different languages all are united as one nation - INDIA. Jai Hind!!!

I am a newbie and I am unable to upload pics of my kolu. Kindly help.

9. vanisriv

vanisriv Silver IL'ite

Dear Pavithra and VaniVyas,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was indeed such a delight reading and researching about Thiruppavai. I also enjoyed explaining the paasuram along with Swapadesam to our friends and family who visited the golu.

Regards
    Vani

1 person likes this.
  10. SrividyaNKumar

SrividyaNKumar Silver IL'ite

Hi vani,
    As usual, awesome Golu. Really enjoyed every bit of it.

Regards,

vidya

1 person likes this.