1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel jealous too?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by iamnidhi, Oct 6, 2015.

1. iamnidhi

iamnidhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I just want to ask so many things in my mind.
    Well let me begin.. I have completed almost 3 years of marriage initial 1.5 years were very nice. Like I used to feel I was the luckiest person in world. But I don't feel that way now. I mean I remember how much I used to get excited even when I used to see my husband coming from office, even if he was not helping me in chores I didn't feel anything at that time. But now I just get angry.

Whenever I see newly married couples; the way they are talking or happily talking I remember my olden days or feel jealous... why now I don't feel that excited.
    It's not that we are not happy now, But I can say I feel something missing.

I tried to tell myself why to compare everyone has their on life. But sometimes I keep comparingthinkingsmiley . I know it's worthless,still it happens.

Is it only me who think this way?Please give your valuable suggestions

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

1. Comparisons lead to stress.
    2. Get busy with things in life, job, career. Too much free time and mind wanders.

3. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

its human psychology !according to maslows theory of needs. a person will crave for certain need. once he reaches the height of his satisfaction he looses interest and then he looks for a different need. its the same situation for you. you have attained height of your satisfaction. and this has led to your monotonous life syndrome. what I suggest for you is to look for something else to keep you occupied.

4. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Try something new to keep up your excitement ...

5. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

start feeling u r just married....and see the difference.
    and remember "greenary on other side"

6. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

You are not alone dear..I also feel little jealous seeing newly married couples enjoying with each other, especially becos my newly married life was so rocky, due to fights, misunderstandings etc...
    After all this time I still make comparisons with other married couples, not all the time, but only when my irritation levels are high.
    But the truth is that grass is greener on the other side, it's easy to feel envious of others seeing their rosy side of life but we do not know what problems they have.
    It's a bad habit of mine that I have to let go.. <*sigh*>

7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi OP,
    There is no need to feel jealous at all it would make you more miserable.
    Try ways and means to stay in love with life and the hubby too!

8. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

As you said, they are newly married.... they are enjoying their new phase same as you enjoyed your initial days of marriage....so it's quite common that everyone is excited in the initial phase, but slowly responsibilities takes over the excitement....may be you are also in that phase.....you can still try to bring back those days by planning a holiday with your hubby....

First of all, don't compare your life with others and don't feel jealous....jealous always makes you insecure....recollect & refresh your old memories whenever you see newly married couple and enjoy, and be happy for those newly wed couple and try yourself to bring back those olden days into your life again....

9. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

you need to take greater care of yourself.

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

You can't always be a newly married. Period.

You need to be busy with other things, so that you won't miss anything in life. Rather you would be thankful for a happy life as it comes.

How about your career? Do you have kids?

If not, this is time to think about your other lives, apart from seeking attention from H