1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How will you feel ?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by chocogal26, Sep 24, 2015.

1. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

Dear IL's...

DH and wife with a kid were not in India from last 6-7 yrs. We are financially independent. I mean to say don't ask money from FIL. Give him when ever he wants to buy some plots and farms.
    Bil got married just after 6 months of our marriage. we left india just after his marriage. BIL is earning not very much around 50k per month.
    We came back this year in january around after 7 yrs .
    We visited them many times when they need financially and physically.
    SIL and BIL were like strong bond both live in different states...both supported each other. now sil and bil had a BIG TIMEl fight. they block each other and not talking terms from last 6 months. yesterday SIL called me and said....
    FIL gave these things to BIL and his wife....
    Khandani Rani Haar to her. GOLD
    2.5 kg brick Silver
    12 Gold and diamond rings
    6 Khandani Bangles heavy in weight
    5 gold set
    1 diamond set
    2 lacks on first child born
    2.5 lacks on second child born
    40 Inches LED T.V Samsung
    Double Bed 50k
    Washing machine IFB
    2 Cupboards
    8 lacks on Car
    40k A.C
    Fridge double door
    Plot worth rs 20 lacks on BIL names.
    and now biggest shock
    FIL is still earning his salary comes in Axis bank....he has given A.T.M to them...when ever they need they can draw 15k, 20k, 25k.....

I know sil told me all this because she is not talking to them....now she wants to close to me. I have o.k o.k relation ship with every one.

One more thing CO-SISter don't talk to me at all....she said SIL that badi bhabhi (ME) calls me many times but i don't pick up her calls.

One more thing FIL,MIL and SIL and BIL all are living in different states. BIL and cosister not living with INlaws.

I know the money is not earned by me or my dh is not mine still i am....

Please pour your views.

* SIL in not telling A-LIE....I enquiry from other relatives...she is saying each n every thing right.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If these things were purchased by your FIL then he is within his legal rights to distribute them as he likes. That this unequal treatment will cause a family rift is the natural progression.
    What is the reason for your FIL's behavior? Is your SIL much better off than your BIL? Maybe the FIL is making up for your BIL being a low earner, maybe he just likes him more, maybe he just thinks sons should inherit?
    Unfortunately this has come at the cost of family relations. I would be upset too if I were your SIL but I don't see what she can do about it.
    Stay neutral and keep your finances protected.

2 people like this.
  3. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Not your monkey . Not your dance. Meaning, stay away from it. As long as FIL doesnt ask for money from you to fulfill their wishes - you should just live your life.
    Today SIL may bad mouth her brother, but they are brother and sister - once they patch up, then they will not even remember that they were enemies. The same SIL will at that time say that "badi bhabhi (you) said such n such things about my brother and his wife".

Next time SIL starts the conversation, tell the same thing- Its FILs money, its his wish how to spend it.

10 people like this.
  4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

This woman is so angry with her one brother she is trying to start a fight between the other brother's family and him as well. Dont fall for it.

Inform your h about what his sis told you and sit back. let him deal or not deal with the situation.

Btw, it is possible your h knows that fil is working and neglected to inform you or thought you already knew -something innocuous like that. Even with the gifts they recd. I think your h might have been generally aware that gifting was going on though not to what extent. Chances are high that FIL mentioned it to him in each time but your h neglected to inform you deeming it unnecessary. Especially because you ppl were separately also helping that family financially.

Fact is you have received a voluntary 'full disclosure on acquisition of assets by bil' from your sil but actually nowhere and at no point in time was it obligatory (or mandatory) for you to have recd one or been told any of this information by any of them since it is none of your business, didnt concern you at all and you are not one of the principal parties involved (Principals being fil, your h, your bil and sil). Just chill out, sit back and watch the fun.

2 people like this.
  5. Sunrise

Sunrise Silver IL'ite

If I were you, I wouldn't feel anything for this.
    As long as the assets are not purchased with your or your husband's money, it should be none of your business. Don't encourage SIL or join hands with her in her path to trouble her own family. Remember blood is thicker than water.
    May be inform your husband about what his sister told you as an FYI.

3 people like this.
  6. HappyMommy

HappyMommy Bronze IL'ite

Back -off, Ignore and move on .
    Distribution of assets that do not belong to you, do not have your contribution should not concern you.

Does it hurt? Yes it does. Can you do anything about it ? Not really

So ignore the whole episode and move on.

3 people like this.
  7. rohsiK

rohsiK Gold IL'ite

As long as it's not your hard earned money let it go,i know its easier said than done but still..there is no point in losing peace of mind right?

1 person likes this.
  8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Not your money so no need to worry.

be grateful that you are in position to take not take from others

2 people like this.
  9. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

In these many years....My DH send almost 30-35 lacs to his father a/c because his father said he is short of money in buying this plot...this property...or need money in registry.

SIL and BIL are fighting because last year when we were not in India...SIL made some story Like her in-laws are torturing her if I will get a FLAT on my name....torture will be less/finish. FIL asked us for 4Lacs.....we send him and he (FIL) didn't tell us why he wants...he said very much required....even my dh didn't ask much and transfered...and father in law gift SIL flat 42 lacs.. Now the money/property/jewellery distribution b/w only two childrens, BIL and SIL. SIL made some SOB Story and squeeze money for flat from FIL and we also contribute it. after coming back to India CO-sister told me fil bought one flat for her(SIL). Now Bil is fighting that there is no need to buy flat for her. he is already living in independent house very posh area and fil already given her loads and loads of money both of them are fighting like...tere pass jyada chala gaya mere pass kam reh gaya. Bil is asking to give flat back from sil or FIL should buy new flat for him same worth rs. 42 lacs.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Already solid advices have been posted..

I have a silly question:

That sounds like buying aalu-tamatar. :) Potatoes and tomatoes. Just how many plots and farms do people usually buy over a decade.

3 people like this.