working again after a long gap

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by sum1, Sep 8, 2015.

1. sum1

sum1 New IL'ite

I want to work again after a long gap. I had just 3 years of experience in IT and now the gap is more than 4.5 years. Is it still possible for me to get a job? Can companies still hire after such a long gap. Initially also i used to work in a small company and after sitting at home for so many years i have lost all my confidence.

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Dont lose your confidence..There are lot of certifications /courses available on the upcoming /new technologies like Big data, Hadoop etc..Please keep your self motivated and work on these courses...ofcourse getting a Job after a gap is not a cake walk..But keep trying..

A rested mind is a rusted mind

3. sum1

sum1 New IL'ite

Yes i know that after this much gap the mind gets rusted :). Thinking of starting from the basics as i have forgotten almost everything. Lost motivation and need it badly now. But even before starting wanted to know whether it is possible to get back on track. In this forum like there is a separate section for writing about daily exercises and motivating others also to join, there has to be a column where we can write daily studies so that people like me who need that push for starting over again can see others doing and get motivation :). Thanks for making time and replying. I will definitely start from today itself.

4. Lakshmikishore

Lakshmikishore Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,

For women,having gap is not a big problem only
    Before searching for job,brush up all your technical skills ,upgrade to latest version
    Boost up your confidence by exploring all the latest concepts available online

During Interview
    Showcase confidence that you are competent enough in all areas technology,communication,team spirit
    Provide commitment that you will be dedicated resource and can balance work and family

All the best :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

hey ,

U can join any Courses from reputed firm ( like NIIT , CDAC) n then join IT.

On what technology , U worked before???

U need to revise ur concepts before starting work..

6. sum1

sum1 New IL'ite

Thankyou Lakshmi and Sonal. Sonal I earlier worked as a php programmer.

7. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

then u can go ahead n revise ur technical knowledge..

Inform ur frnds who r in IT that u r looking for job.

Upload ur CV on job sites..

All d best ..

8. rohsiK

rohsiK Gold IL'ite

First try to evaluate yourself, take up/bid for a small project from freelancer or of similar site, once you are done with project completion quote those projects in your CV and convince interviewers regarding your career break, if possible do some sort of certification(related to your domain) which can boost your profile.....

9. muthuswathi

muthuswathi Silver IL'ite

Do not give up.
    You will get job for sure.
    Wherever you join, the co., will give training/orientation.
    All the best with your new job.

1 person likes this.
  10. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

As others have suggested try to do some certification, front end programmers are always in need. It may be tough to get a full time position in a corporate but there are lot of agencies who hire and place you as contractor try that out. All you need is to be confident on your skills with the right attitude towards work.