1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yes or No, India or USA, it is neither right or wrong

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ChennaiExpress, Aug 11, 2015.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I am still reading Tao of Physics, and one of the things that it touched upon is, if you look at something, it an be in many states.

For example if you look at a particle and have to determine if it is
    1. circle
    2. square
    3. triangle
    4. rectangle

It is all 4 of them.

Then Capra made comparison with Koans in Zen tradition

Koans are asked by Zen masters to make others ponder deep questions, to provoke Enlightenment.

Here is an example,

Has a dog Buddha-nature?
    This is the most serious question of all.
    If you say yes or no,
    You lose your own Buddha-nature.

See, there is no yes or no answer, there is an underlying reality that most of us are unaware of. And if we are aware of it we gain enlightenment.

Is there anything similar in Hinduism? How did our ancestors gain enlightenment? Just sheer meditation to unleash their Kundalini energy perhaps?

If you see my beginning posts, I was going on and on about how I wish to settle in India, wish to marry someone from India, etc, etc, etc.

And lately, I am thinking there is no point to settle in India because I was treated so horribly when I went to get married, but I didn't realize I was being mistreated because I didn't understand the BASIC customs.

But now I still feel a pull towards India. No matter how much I try to push it down. No matter how angry I get at things.

On my way home I was suddenly attacked by negative energy (actually I had a bag of chips, and I think these types of foods lower your vibrational frequency, making you susceptible to these bad feelings), thinking about the pain my ex caused, and how some people in USA were not understanding my situation, not understanding arranged marriages, not understanding that people don't have sex till marriage.

Honestly I would be scared of going to India right now because I think I would be rude and mean to everyone as a DEFENSE mechanism. And when I was horribly angry, I was imagining myself insulting everyone I see, being mean and awful to everyone just so I can be in the upper-hand.

When I am at my sheer happiness because I accomplished something, first thing I think about is how nice it would be to marry someone from India.

That's my first gut reaction.

I get those warm, moist, fuzzy feelings of love when I think of marrying person from India, whereas I don't get those warm, moist, fuzzy feelings of love when I think of marrying person from USA. I like people from USA, very very very much, but haven't gotten to the point of warm, moist, fuzzy feelings.

Honestly I just wish to recover and hone in on reading, writing, and creating sketches.

But I wish somehow I go to India for at least a month and enjoy there BY MYSELF, and have limited interaction with relatives and family friends. Just enough interaction to go from place to place, perhaps someone can serve as a tour guide.

This would be a great way to confront unpleasant feelings and heal from the past so I can go to the future.

1 person likes this.

2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

I think you should visit India on your own and go to different places on your own. Don't go to your relatives or to people you know. There is much more to explore and the best way to go alone (in a group tour so it is safe), without any friends or relatives. This way you will meet people from different countries and can make friends.

During this visit, just forget your past and be a different person, the person you always wanted to be.

1 person likes this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

I really really need to do this..... for a while I was praying for Sep 2015 trip, but God has given me lot of opportunites at office (and private time at home) for personal and professional growth.

4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  5. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

hai
    well years ago when I was very young and at that fork of life to take a call I had to make a decision an informed risk .I had come to USA with dreams my coming was delayed due a number of unavoidable familial matters . in some ways my decision was already a given for I was already married and my dear husband wished to live only in India.
    at this point my career was beckoning me, the opportunities galore both for my own career and making dollars as well which also was a need coming from a middle class family with no financial inheritance like any young I too wanted a dream house ,I to wanted to have holidays in all those places I had read in fiction but my dear hubby had his feet on ground and made me realize the grass is always greener on the other side .and so I came back .Having done so in retrospect I am happy I am one amog the 11 innovators I am one among the 50 women achievers in science .plus I have been with my family/ culture country and all else.so we never know what is in store for us if you keep an open mind and if you can find happiness /if you have the wherewith all to come out shinning you will .be it India or USA you will make your life what it will be irrespective of finding an Indian soul mate or one from the west.so look for your inner call and listen to it. I may sway you India as it is more virgin in more than one ways but home is where you make it .be open and go where your heart takes you young lady.. only go with open eyes take a calculated risk as we put in business parlance .at the end its your decision so be happy either way no one can ever tell you what to do.even if they do one can only lead the horse to water but cant make it drink so drink you must ,so take your call. wishing you all the very best

2 people like this.
  6. ChennaiExpress

Oh wow thank you so much!