1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The nighty cultures

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by lakmesirigiri, Jul 17, 2015.

1. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

no yaar, not at all. Speaking for me personally, it is the lack of undergarments under the tent that is the deal breaker. I would have no probs with Rihana's aunty, for instance, other than briefly thinking that she must be feeling damn hot under so many clothes. But that brief commiseration would be overwhelmed with gratitude for sparing me accidental glimpses, outlines etc. etc.

It is not a mindset. The two examples cannot be compared at all, in my mind.

Thank God, so far I have only seen designer choli/chiffon sari with undergarments! That much good fortune I have had. :) I will concede this much -- I would be unable to tolerate if someone wore chiffon sari or tank top and shorts without interior garments or internal support. :eek Even with strapless backless designer choli and chiffon sari the undergarment that goes with it is quite sturdy and fortified, as you know, similar to an armour plate as it were.

Hmm...I just realized I am much more immune to accidental glimpses of nudity on a beach or swimming pool for instance. It is to be expected in those places. But in other places and in daily life please spare me.

2 people like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  3. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Hmm not really..it's just a mindset . Back in olden days married ladies in India dint wear pyjamas suits, track pants etc and now they do. Maybe that's why they seem out of place to so many people, even thought that's not a right approach. Nothing wrong in wearing neat and sensible nighties.
    But, wearing a nightie in transparent material, without proper inner clothing can project a woman in the wrong way.

2 people like this.
  4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

We already discussed about this in another thread.

According to me, Nightie covers the whole body and does not seem vulgar in any way provided the material is good, neat and worn with proper undergarments. Whenever I wear a nightie ( As a day coat to do house hold stuff) I always wear my undergarments and that makes it look very neat and comfortable. I don't see anything wrong- one comfort level.
    P.S. Similarly they are ladies who wear their night dress ( Tight pajamas and T-shirts and roam around). I think tat looks more vulgar, at least nightie is not tight and hopefully all should wear their petticoats.

sindmani, pear, generic and 1 other person like this.
  5. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

heh, heh... yes indeed that is our hope. Amen to that.

1 person likes this.
  6. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Will try my best to keep a watch also on the undergarments.

7. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

be careful Crayoness! and dont look too closely either! or they will think you are a weirdo and beat you up!:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  8. shilpakumari

shilpakumari New IL'ite

Yes Suprajah, i agree with you....

9. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

we went to my cousin house.. she always wear night dress at home and to drop off her kids in the school(she lives in U.S), i dont know where she lost hr mind before stepping out of her bedroom , her undies can be seen clearly through her nightie.. doesnt she feel concerned if they have guests, she was roaming all day in her dress.. i felt so embrassing, i coudn't dare to tell her :rant(she has 16 yrs daughter) what can i say her

1 person likes this.
  10. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I really never worry too much about nighties being worn outside. I don't wear them out myself but don't mind if others do. I wear shorts at home but don't wear them outside. Even if someone comes home I change quickly. One has to be really fast:bonk

1 person likes this.