1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Still Breat Feeding my 2.5 years Girl Child - Good or Bad

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by shrivni, Feb 26, 2015.

1. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

OP, a couple of things you say on your subsequent post bother me.

Does she drink for a while from you and brush her teeth and then go to bed, or does she suckle through the night? Former is absolutely no issue at all and you could ignore the rest of the post.

In case she does the latter, here are some views i'd like to share:

1. You imply she doesn't eat well during the day. i would suggest you make sure she doesn't get her calorific needs satisfied through breast milk at night. Nutritionally at 2.5 she needs to eat normal food well; the nutrition in breast milk is no longer sufficient. Much before my DD turned 1, she fed through the night and won't eat properly during the day. The professionals told me what I've written here; the day after I refused to let her suckle through the night, she started eating properly)

2. If this is disturbing her sleep - if she is not getting uninterrupted sleep because she is waking up to suckle through the night - you need to stop it. Kids need uninterrupted sleep for 10-12 hours for optimal brain development.

3. Suckling during sleep causes kids to pool milk in their mouths without swallowing. This causes cavities; it is bad for dental hygiene. So you might want to change the feeding pattern.

1 person likes this.
  2. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Cho Chweet! I shared this story with my hubby :) May be we will plan something for my baby also :)

3. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Thanks Dear!

Her sleep is not disturbing. I feed before her sleep and will not brush after that. If I make her brush after that, she is not going to sleep the whole night.

She eats, but I am not satisfied with what she is eating. I know that she cannot eat much, but i really doubt myself if I am giving her enough nutrition's. So I have a feel that, the breast milk will give her additional nutrition's, which might have been missed in the day time food.

The breast feeding is mainly for Comfort.

4. shilpakumari

shilpakumari New IL'ite

Hi Sharmi,

You can tell you baby that not to drink mom milk and i think she will understand because she is already 2.5 years.

5. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Hey there,

Successfully stopped breast feeding. I applied Neem Oil and that did the magic. The second day of her pre kg, we stopped.

Thanks for all ur suggestion s.

Luv
    Sharmila