1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

who is wrong here: verbal abuse vs physical abuse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by seekingpeace, Jul 23, 2015.

1. seekingpeace

seekingpeace Silver IL'ite

All,

ur posts are really very helpful to me..brings me back to reality..makes me ashamed of the way I behaved that day..that too in front of my kid..am glad I have you all to keep me in check...

Actually the fights are more recently...when its just me and DH ..we hardly have any disagreements and things are very smooth..when ILs are around..they fight with DH and me..( they actually fight with everyone..they keep fighting with their siblings..neighbors everyone..)..so there is lot of mental stress for me when they are around..

With parents around..lil tough for DH and my father to get along as both are short tempered and dominant so sparks fly often..

I cannot tell my DH not to bring his parents as he is only son and we have had lot of arguments over that..he wants to bring his parents here every 3 months for 3 months..so they are planning to come in a week after my parents leave..the sress of just having them around again with too many under currents is already making me hyperventilate..DH is not understanding that which is why am planning to take a month long break after my parents leave...DH doenst want that as his parents are missing my son and want to be here asap..

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

All this for a haircut! If he needs to take your permission to even cut the child's hair, what does that show, dont you think you are equally wrong in screaming for such a trivial issue? And on top of all this your are not worried that he is not eating at home, but about what your parents will say or go through! Nothing is right here!

3. seekingpeace

seekingpeace Silver IL'ite

@Janani i realize now that am wrong..which is why am here ..i want to resolve these issues...

Reg. DH not eating at home..i know he is having healthy food at office which is why am not worried also he fasts often and last weekend he drank lots of juices and considered not eating as fasting..

1 person likes this.
  4. IamLucky

IamLucky Gold IL'ite

If you are feeling that your are wrong what for you are waiting to get this resolved by asking a simple sorry to your husband. Let physical abuse be wrong, you also hit him back right?
    See you people were busy fighting without consoling the crying child who is scared on his parents fighting. Poor kid.
    Let him be wrong, but nothing wrong to ask sorry first for the verbal abuse you have initiated.
    Be calm and do some meditation, think he is noone else but you DH and its his son also. I didnt try to justify his act, but he didnt do anythign which cannot be rectified. Hair will again grow back.
    If he s such a supportive husband who supports you in front of his parents being a only son, dont you think this is such a petty issue to stop here right now.
    read some post in reln with in-laws forum..most of the problem is due to husband not supporting wife infront of ILs.
    Here you seems to be having no problem and creating your own.
    Grow up lady. Its not too late. Patch up and be happy.
    BTW What are you goign to do knowing which abuse is bigger now???

IF its you husband posted this thread, we would have asked him the same, because both are equally immature and wrong

1 person likes this.
  5. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Come on!!!!... Now that you realised, get back to normal life!!!.... Make sure that you both live happy and keep the little one happy!!!....

Come out of your ego and talk to your husband normal.....

Things will settle down!!!

6. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

shakehead I worry for your son. Poor kid how many fights he is being exposed to. fights between parents, between father and grand father, between mom and grand parents, between parents and grandparents. notdonesmiley. He may feel all grown ups fight.
    Please keep a check on your anger and try to resolve problems calmly.

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...your fil hits his wife.
    Your husband hits his own mother.
    Your husband has been hitting you for 5 years.
    Now your son is watching all this.

You chose to stay in this marriage and have a child with a serial wife beater inspite of having a job.What do you expect ?People have been telling you this man will not change.You yourself believe he will not change.Still you chose to stay in this life.

3 people like this.
  8. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

This reminds me of my quarrels with my brother when we were kids. In all this I really pity your son. He deserves a better environment to growup. Please start behaving for his sake and take counselling for anger management.

9. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

I guess for both of u have accepted abuse as a normal thing in ur life....ur husband says that u verbally abuse me so I physically abuse u....u think once in a while he beats me otherwise he is good father n husband....I don't know what to say here..
    and don't know what wrong with the ladies here who thinks that Becks she fought with her husband so op is at fault even after her husband beat her....
    Some says that op also hit him back....so when husband hits wife should take all the beatings meekly than she has the right to say that my husband is an abuser....
    Omg....physical abuse can't be supported behind any excuse....

2 people like this.
  10. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Physical abuse is a crime and it is extremely damaging to your child to see that. If the Child Protection Services (or whatever the instance is called in the country you are residing) would hear about this they would most probably take the child away.

You need help and you have to get it for the sake of the child. There are most probably domestic abuse helplines in the country where you are residing. If there is a language issue you may get a translator to support you. There may also be safe houses where you can reside until the situation has been clarified.

5 people like this.