Drive to Goa

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Yammmy, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Yammmy

Yammmy New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

We are going on a drive this month end to Goa. It's only a 4 day trip. I need help/tips/suggestions on how best we can make our trip and the drive comfortable. Also need help on the best way we can use our time in Goa (itinerary).

2. JanSri

JanSri Silver IL'ite

Wow. Im assuming you are driving from Bangalore to Goa. Ive never done that, but tips for any long drive
    - Comfy Clothes and Sunglasses definitely
    - Carry few bottles of water and some snacks
    - If you have kids, definitely some snacks and some travel games suitable for car, also some blankets and cushions
    - A good collection of songs on cd/ipod/any such thing that plays music (its amazing how quickly you can become bored of the same songs played over and over again!!)
    - We always carry a flask of coffee/tea (you dont know when the sleep bug decides to hit you and there may not be a tea/coffee shop in the vicinity) or cans of aerated drinks if thats your thing!!
    - Make sure you take a 10 - 15 min break after you have been driving for a couple of hrs or so
    - Even better if the driving can be shared.
    - Have a route map printout or jot down the main towns and cities enroute even if you have GPS (Murphys law!!)
    - Enjoy your drive

Safe travels,
    J

1 person likes this.
  3. Yammmy

Yammmy New IL'ite

Hi JanSri,

Thank you for the suggestions.
    Yes we are driving from Bangalore to Goa. Also any idea about Goa and places to visit and all.

4. JanSri

JanSri Silver IL'ite

Yammy,

Check out tripadvisor, etc etc for this. im afraid i cant help.
    I last went to goa when i was 3!!! I believe I managed to dip our prized camera in the sea!! So my tip is dont do this!! :))

P.S: Sorry couldnt help!!