1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strawberry birthmark

Discussion in 'Infants' started by jive, Jan 30, 2010.

1. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

Hi ILites,

My son (4.5 mnths) has a strawberry birthmark in his diaper area. Has anyone experienced or heard about this? birthmarks usually appear and start fading without any treatment when babies grow. But unfortunately, this mark is in diaper area, so it gets ulcerated and infected. I have a doc appointment next week.

2. renuga

renuga Senior IL'ite

hi why no reply for this thread.Even my daughter has on upperlip.Any ideas about this.

3. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

Hi, been 2 years now and I haven't done any treatment for that. It just stays in his butt. It got worse when he started crawling and walking. I showed to my doctor but he said there is no treatment for this. It does no harm. It disappears when they grow old. Thats what the doc said..

4. renuga

renuga Senior IL'ite

hi
    thanks for immediate reply,my daughter has on lips i am worried about that.How much big it grows.How much big your kid has.If it in anywhere in other parts i will not worry.When your kid got this.waiting for your reply.

5. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

@renuga

Hi Mam,

My two months old baby is also having strawberry birthmark on her nose. How many months it took to completely go for ur DD. What you did for that.

thanks.

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Sunshinebeatuy This is a fairly old thread. I am not sure if you are going to get a reply from the previous posters. I would suggest you to start a new thread for the same.

1 person likes this.
  7. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

@sunshinebeauty

My daughter has strawberry marks in her left hip area, it was dark pink in color and clustered. She is 2.7 years old now. 90% of it disappeared now. We didnt do anything special for that

1 person likes this.
  8. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

@ILoveTulips thanks for your reply. My Dd got strawberry mark on her nose. It is very close to eye. It's dark red with little blue in color. Doctor prescribed drops to apply.

Is there any home remedy?

thanks