1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why did my hubby know to cook ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lahy15, Jul 4, 2008.

1. geetahs

geetahs New IL'ite

hi lahy15,
    nice post , I enjoyed post and as u reply each and every one that also i liked .:bowdown its nice when u posted any thread and reply it as possible as, even my husband also know how to cook but he always liked my food even it will be salty ,bonk i taught him some food which i likes and easy to cook so it will helpfull when i feel not good .:crazy but in cleaning he always told the house is always clean its fault of viewer's eye if they feel not clean . Drowningso in that case we sometimes fight that he never put the things at right place, anyways i adjust with that also .

2. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Aishu,

Thank you so much for your reply friend ... Happy that you enjoyed my post :biggrin2: ... Yes, even when the dish came out bad, if we get suggestions in nice way that is fine ... else :cry: ... Yes, now-a-days I make more concentration on my dish after his Nose surgery ;-) ... Thanks for sharing here Aishu ... :)

3. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

My Dear ANK,

Thank you sooooo much for being side of me ... Yes, only we know the situation about how we feel when they know very much about cooking ... :frown: ... But, on your side FIL has also joined with your Hubby, that's too bad ...

Thanks for being there for me dear and sharing here ... :)

4. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

Yes, always we feel happy when there is no complaints ... also, appreciation for him only when dish comes out very well else Rant... My hubby quite contraire to your hubby, because he do not like to cut vegetables Big Laugh... For me, I don't like to cut Non-Veg :biggrin2: ... What a contraire couples na :lol: ...

Thanks for stepping In and sharing here dear ... :)

5. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Geeta,

My mom's name is also Geetha :biggrin2: ... Happy that you enjoyed my Post dear and for your words :) ...

Big Laughwhat a nice way to say when house is not clean, its fault of viewer's eye ... Here our house is always clean, as my eye is set on cleaning :biggrin2: ... How sweet of you to adjust on everything with your hubby ... God Bless you Sweety ...

Thanks for sharing here dear ... :)

6. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Dear Suni ,

I feel very close to u becos i am too on the same boat.
    There is a saying in tamil ...god makes 7 ppl alike ..looks like he creates lot of ppl with same kind of trouble.
    My hubby cooks well and boasts too much abt it ..i am fed up now .. not only at our house ..even if we go to some friends place he will start cooking ..all my friends tells me that I am a very lucky girl.. I say to them always it is greener on the other side ..
    BTW ..my hubby just like to be the head cook ...i have to do all the cutting and cleaning ...if i dont he will keep a long face and will keep telling me that i am very lazy and dont like to do...
    Not only cooking ..i get tips for each and everything ..i am realy fed up :-(
    I tell him if we have a daughter i will never give her to a guy who cooks this much :)

ANK,
    I dont know how u manage with 2 super cooks.
    Have to get some tips from u ... :)

7. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Rogo,

Don't worry dear ... I can understand how you feel as I am sailing with you in that Boat along with ANK ... Time will come for us all friends to show our talent too ... "Yannaikku oru kaalam vandha poonaikum oru kaalam" .. Be happy friends ... :)

8. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Suni,

That was a good one, packed with humour you brought out how you feel when someone (especially DH) finds fault with your cooking :))

My husband hardly knows to cook, during my recent vacations he has tried to manage making omlette and coffee. Though he knows very less cooking, he can easily say what ingredient went in excess or less making the food less tasty. So it doesn't matter if hubby knows to cook or not is my opinion based on my experience.

PS: I moved this thread from Snippets of Life to Me & My spouse forum, since your write-up has got to do more with things happening between you and your spouse about the cooking.

Malathy

9. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lahy,
    I do admit, yeah, my DH is a very good cook and I learned most of the cooking from him only......he used to cook any time I will ask him.....and helps me a lot......but to be frank, he is so non-interfering......never poke his nose into my cooking except for adding garlic/tomatoes (these things gives heartburn to him) otherwise he is OK with whatever I cook......
    The only demand from me is to be happy whatever the situation may be......but I am just like your hubby who used to poke her nose in everything my DH does......
    Anyways.....nice to read your write up......

10. Novellgirl

Novellgirl New IL'ite

Hi Suni,

I always thought tat i am the one who suffers like this..i have many company now Big Laugh..even my hubby will say almost the same words when i prepare Sambhar except one difference..instead of "poriyal" he will say "Kootu" ..he will start like ... 'Why did u prepare so many things ..just a sambhar and poriyal will do on weekends..hereafter dont strain urself'..first time i was really fooled bonk ..as i did not cook much before my marriage..and my parents including myself was happy to know that he does cooking very well..i used to feel real discouraged..it went on and everyday at the meal time i will become dull... Best part is all our friends(Who have tasted my cooking) say that he is lucky to have me cook nice food...but according to him i was cooking "OK/adjustable" only ..So sat and sun he started cooking(lunch mostly) ...i felt bad abt him that he has to cook even on weekends just to have food of his taste(as he has a hectic work schedule) ..i made up my mind and started asking him to teach me recipes..then some from my MIL over phone(as he just loves his mom's cooking..i should really agree with him) ..now i get comments from my hubby that i have really improved ..Still in hurry i used add a bit of more spicyness or salt bonksometimes..But starting telling him before hand such that he will not expect more;-)

Regards,
    Sunitha