1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking after mother in law even after Divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by iyerviji, Jun 8, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Have you heard about anyone staying with Mil even after Divorce? I know of a lady who stays with her Mil. Her husband was working for a good firm in a nice post. But he left that job, he used to ill treat his wife , asked her to resign the job and for sometime he was without job. He went to different places, sometime he worked as a Priest. Had financial problems , took loans and his brother had to settle the loans. His mother was not well and his wife used to look after her. Since she was a diabetic , she had to give injections, they have a son too. Now he has finished education and working. The lady had many problems but never to say anything. She could not go to her mother's house as they were not financially well. She is always with a smiling face and never grumbles about her problems. She takes life as it comes and it is difficult to find a lady like her in present times.

Recently her mother in law expired and she was the one who was with her in her mil's last moment and calling her name only she died. Since she has a son hope he will be with her and she has a bright future

12 people like this.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

God bless her, viji-ma.
    You are right, it is difficult to come across people like that now! Anyway, God bless that noble person and hope her son gives her happiness too.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

@Ragini dear thanks for your first feedback which made my day. I was disappointed that more than 100 views but no feedback, so your feedback brought a smile on my face and made me happy. Thanks for your wishes dear

4. newgirl1

newgirl1 New IL'ite

There is someone similar like that in my husband's side of the family. Her husband was a womaniser and a psycho but she adjusted for the sake of the kids. Her husband died recently. Since her husband was an only son, she takes care of her MIL. She tells that her MIL supported her during her marriage years and if it wasn't for her, her husband would have divorced her long time back. She feels it is a responsibility to care of her. Now, her grandchildren also take care of her.

It's rare for women to take care of their ILs especially after the death of husband and even more after divorce. But it speaks volumes on how they are good people by heart and to a lesser extent, ILs must have been good to her during tough times.

2 people like this.
  5. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

Earth is beautiful bcoz of these kinds of ppl... Good wishes 4 d ladies who takes care of their ILs when they are old and son is nt there...

2 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Such an unusual case Vijima. Also goes to show that if the women get on well, they will support each other through thick and thin, but then it has to be both ways.

3 people like this.
  7. NeetaR

NeetaR Silver IL'ite

In the face of adversity she has sown good....surely she will reap well...and
    continue to be an example to many.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

@newgirl1 dear welcome to my thread and thanks for your feedback. Good t know that there is someone in your husband's side too.I forgot to mention that , that lady's husband also died some years back after the divorce but still she was staying with her MIL and taking care of her. True some people are there who are too good

9. iyerviji

Welcome to my thread @Sweety789 dear thanks for the feedback

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

True @Satchi dear its really unusual. Right if they get on well they will do anything for each other. In this case the lady could not go to her mother's house because they are not well off and she did not want to trouble them