Need info about Behrens Ranch Neighborhood - is property value increasing there?

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by thanuja, May 8, 2015.

1. thanuja

thanuja New IL'ite

Hello,

We are thinking about buying a house in Behren's Ranch, mainly to keep schools under RRISD. But some of our friends are recommending Avery Ranch and Ranch at Brushy Creek, in terms of property value going up and being a happening community with lots of desis around.

What about property value in Behren's Ranch? Anyone here from this community? Have you seen the house prices increasing since you bought/built in 2007/08/09?

Appreciate any helpful info in this regard.

TIA
    Thanuja

2. thanuja

thanuja New IL'ite

Hi @gtpoo,

I read in another thread you were buying a house in Behren's Ranch a few years back. Can you say something about property value increase if you have seen? Who was your builder if I may ask?

Also, has there been any flooding for those houses that back against the greenbelt / drain fields?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanuja

3. poojitha

poojitha New IL'ite

Hi Thanuja,

Property values are going up everywhere in Austin. The difference in increase between Behren's Ranch Vs Avery Ranch/Ranch at Brushy Creek would not be that high.

I would't base the decision on the relative speed of property price increase. I would base it on other factors.

There is a lot of construction progress in the 1431/Parmer area with Walmart, Target, Costco, several restaurants etc. AR, RBC is closer to that than Behren's Ranch.

Elementary schools are great in both neighborhoods (Cactus Ranch vs Patsy Sommer). I hear the middle school might be a bit better in AR/RBC.

Look for specifics that would make your day to day life easier and more enjoyable. Not whether you can get an extra $10,000 when you sell and go.

1 person likes this.
  4. vani

vani Junior IL'ite

Hi Thanuja,

I have friends in Behrens Ranch. They are very happy about how the community is now shaping up into more Indians in the neighborhood! They are also very happy about the Elementary school. I don't have friends with Middle schoolers.

Since Behrens is under RR zipcode it will come in City of Round Rock limits for water facilities, property tax, etc. That is an advantage in terms of water restrictions and property tax assessments, being much better than Avery having Austin zipcode.

I have not heard about any flooding issues except for the recent break-ins that happened in the community in Indian homes during Diwali 2014. The community facilities isn't that great - they have a reallly small community centre, no pools or golf/tennis courts. They also don't have much room for expansions too packed with homes.

Vani

1 person likes this.
  5. showmemiss

showmemiss New IL'ite

The schools are 10/10. The Walsh middle school feeds both behrens ranch, ranch at brushy creek and it is walking distance for behrens ranch. Cactus ranch has been an exemplary school for years now. Good number of Indians and at the same time, there is no fear of having a minority crisis (like how avery ranch got branded as Desi ranch), proximity to everything. Great shopping, many companies close by, I35 access, 1431, Parmer all just about 10 minutes away. Behrens ranch is great place without a hole in your wallet.

1 person likes this.
  6. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

@showmemiss,

I would agree with everything you had mentioned about Behrens Ranch except the accessibility to Parmer.

The OP and her friends seem to compare Behrens with Avery / Ranch @ Brushy Creek. Compared to those two, the downside with Behrens is one has to drive on 1431 / Sam Bass to get to Parmer. Both are high on traffic during peak hours.

PS: Are you in Austin? Then you may want to update your profile to show city as Austin. You will then receive Austin Newsletter weekly.

Regards,
    Roshni