1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Luvpavi how are you doing. now just don't be a lurker going through the thread, do show your presence. it will encourage a lot of people to post and share their thoughts and not just learn..

maybe if you roll it a little thick..it will not be like kakra..

2. shodin

shodin Platinum IL'ite

Hi @VaniVyas I used to follow shiva's goody bag...one hand full of nuts or sunflower seeds or one cup yoghurt, boiled ground nut + pottu kadala (Roasted grams) any thing which I have with me....Some times may be digestive biscuit or you will get diet biscuits here in bakeries no salt nothing just I dip with yoghurt or cheese or with a green tea.

@Shanvy Tnk you for Ladies finger recipe....your raw mango tempted me a lot....Moongdal toooooo good and easy it seems....will give a try....papaya ice stick with moong dal wow wow wow....konjam kidakuma.....

1 person likes this.
  3. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

Hi @Shanvy mam,

sure. will keep posting. Today my menu

Breakfast

Methi chapathi
    tomato chutney

Lunch:
    Broken wheat
    Carrot sambar
    Capsicum soaked in lemon

I rolled it as normal chapathi. But really it was very very hard faintingsmiley

2 people like this.
  4. rtramteke

rtramteke Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    Thanks for putting such a nice and tasting pics of thalis..one thing I would request you to please mention what kind of oil you all use for preparing every stuff.
    Thanks,

2 people like this.
  5. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

yummy yummy thanks @Shanvy very good snacks can we do the same with Bengal Gram

3 people like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

welcome to this thread rtramteke. thank you. but it will become very difficult to post the oil. because each of us uses what suits us. i suggest you use what you are always using..just rotate your oils.
    i cook in sunflower, olive, groundnut, sesame, coconut oil.. i rotate them. but i fry with sunflower..when i do..

1 person likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@luvpavi maybe the wheat flour is at mistake?? just roll them a little thick, they may turn out soft. did you do some new trial while kneading the dough.??? just wondering loud..

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ah! heard that most of the jewellery shops in the city are crowded and even in other parts of the world. the desire for the yellow metal never diminishes.. now if you are curious if i am not..no, i don't desire much of the yellow metal, i love very simple no dazzle. i don't feel comfy even looking at those gold plates, gold thalis and dinner sets forget the long harams and braids..too much show off.

sorry for the digress! but coming back to the importance of the day..it is auspicious for many. it is a day of new beginnings for many. but for me it is about krishna and sudama, the giving by the one who can afford..it is said that you can donate certain things especially on this day..handfan, panakam, mor (I am sure it was to help the needy during the summer agni nakshatramm ..oh why am i not surprised..our elders knew what they were doing..) only we turned it into a big ruckus of purchasing gold and silver and diamonds...

so ramakrishna mutt was taking in donations for offering buttermilk as usual , and i just paid an amount into that account for the same..(i am sharing this info not as a showing off about what i did..but to inform people who would like to do something..) Ok since i am on a disclosing spree, i also buy some of their books for children and adults to be distributed among people who would love to read but cannot afford to buy.. feels good..

8 people like this.
  9. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

I mixed the atta with jeera seeds, chilly powder, pinch of turmeric powder, salt, olive oil, and the methi leaves. --> added little water prepared the dough and kept it for an hour. Then just with little atta i made chapathis and usual way on the pan...

may be olive oil??? thinkingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  10. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Shans,

your moong dhal looks so yummy and I am sure the taste is superb too.

Have you tried with channa dhal? Same steps may be.

Have you ever thought abt starting a business marketing low cal healthy snacks? Once DD and DH are settled, you should really think about it. You will be an instant success. I am not thinking that you should be making them.....but you should be the CEO or COO of your company. You will have a very good market.

5 people like this.