1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ChillySnow, Feb 27, 2015.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear Op....I would like to write about something that happened today evening. Please read it ....and if you don't like what I am writing...please forgive me.This is a true story and I swear to God I am not making up even one word here.

I had a maid working for me till 3 months back.She had been working for me for about one and half years. She has a teen aged daughter who earns much more than her...working as a full time maid and nanny. She earns about 8 to 10,000 Rs doing that.

A year back...when the daughter was barely 16 yrs old....my maid got her married to her brother's son.....despite my many protests and reasonings. I told her your brothers son should be able to wait for a few years considering that they are related.But she told me,in her community a girl is expected to be married young.She assured me that she was doing the right thing because she was giving her daughter to her real brother's son...and he will take good care of her.This girl continued to work in our colony after marriage.

Initially she looked very happy.Slowly she stopped meeting her mother who works in the same colony.Her mother looked distraught...saying the son in law and his parents don't let her meet the mother.She reasoned that they probably are worried she might take some of her daughters money.This little girl was the biggest earner in her new family.

About three months back...the mother who worked for me told me she was leaving for her village for good.I did not notice that her daughter was also not to be seen all these days.

Today evening ,both mother and daughter returned and came to meet me for a job. Both looked happy and were giggling.I told her I have no job to offer right now as I had kept some one else.The maid said...it's fine...I just wanted to tell that we went and got a 'talak'(divorce ) for her daughter.She said her husband had been beating her up for months...taking her money and not letting her meet her parents. The mother said...."It's a question of her life dIdi.....I can't let her be beaten for life".

I guess being poor...they don't have our middle class worries.....but I am sure it must not be so easy for them too. She just did not want her daughter's life to be wasted .

I really did not know whether to feel sad or happy.Sad for what she had gone through,happy that she recognized the problem and had the guts to come out of it.......but I liked the smile on her daughter's face.....and the giggling ...

15 people like this.
  2. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Very true. Kudos to the mom for standing up for her daughter! If it was a middle class mom, she would have said "beti adjust kar lo. varna duniya me hamari naak kat jaayegi. Hamare family ka naam badnaam ho jayega. So adjust with the wife beating sick moron".

3 people like this.
  3. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

Very well said . Loved the line really.

4. ChillySnow

ChillySnow New IL'ite

His parents are no more. The girls parents are aware of this problem. Have also spoke before elders, but he still remains unchanged.

He is a jovial character, he speaks to others very wells. But when it comes to his wife he doesn't talks to her.

The girl also tried to be at mom's home for sometime but it seems to be no use.
    Have also tried with the silent treatment but he never took any pain to talk to her.

Is divorce is the only solution????

5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Yes. Divorce is the only option. I imagine she cares more about the society etc. she is bring her child up in a very unhealthy environment. She need to leave NOW for the sale of the child. She needs to take control of her finances and tell her husband that *she* doesn't ned him. *she* doesn't care whether he lives or dies. *she* and *her* child will do so much better if he weren't in their lives.

She he needs to contact a lawyer ASAP and set the ball rolling. Preferably by contacting the women's cell first and complaining about the abuse

2 people like this.
  6. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Obviously Divorce only looks as the right option...what else can be better than...rather than living life of hell with this jerk its better she stay safe, independently with respect alone with her kids.

Wake up before its too late

1 person likes this.
  7. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

She should seek a good therapist. She sounds like an enabler. There must be many issues she must work through. The relationship is dead and holding on will not not change anything for the better.

3 people like this.
  8. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

HI Op,
    Sorry 4 ur friend but i do nt think she's working in a MNC. Bcoz if she's capable of working in a good organization then she might hv some positive attitude & self respect. The person who do nt hv any self respect they only can allow someone else to beat her . why she's allowing him take out her own hard income salary ? she hv a daughter den why she need a heartless hubby who do nt value her. she hv all the things to live a happy life and give a good life to her daughter,1st she's working and a lovely daughter at least for daughter sake she should divorce and stay separately, as a adult no need to stay wit parents ,stay alone and take care of kid. All d best to ur friend ...

9. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

Yes Sir... some times these types of words motivate others and every one deserve love.respect & care ..no matter whether the person is men/women...