IVF Queries and suggestions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Swatir23, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I have had failed IUI's. Problem in our case is low motility and zero morphology. DH diagnosed with varicocele. We are thinking of going ahead for varicocele surgery, however the fertility expert we are seeing says that doesn't necessarily mean improved semen analysis reports. The doctor is saying in our case we need to do IVF+ICSI. Still chances of success only 30% because of my age (35).

Is IVF the last resort for us now?

I am currently working. Although my job is not extremely demanding, yet my office is quiet far and I travel almost 30km one way to office. If we think about IVF, will I need to quit my job? I do not want to quit because it keeps me occupied and my thoughts away from TTC failures. Another thing is that we do not have any family members close by. Its only DH and me and we have to manage everything on our own. Both our parents are quiet old (65+) and cannot come and stay with us for long. I am aware that IVF process takes a toll on a woman's body. I am wondering if we should directly go for IVF or we should get varicocele treatment done and see if semen results improve for us. My age is also a concern. Please share your thoughts and guidance about IVF.

2. bhuvnabs

bhuvnabs Senior IL'ite

Hi ILites,
    Is this thread closed? Should I open another thread regarding IVF queries or will it not be answered in the forum itself

Delete if inappropriate

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi Nithya,
    Regarding the varicocele,there are mixed reviews with reg to surgery.I would suggest meet a good urologist and get a second opinion.Normally with low counts of sperm and morphology,the best bet for you would be ICSI.
    Regarding your work i was in the same situation .I used to travel around 70km in a day for work.For doing IUI's i used to take half day leave to get the scans done and then rush to office.Trust me it was getting so stressfull with the travelling,plus at office you need to inform your bosses about the reasons.Also all kind of excuses you need to make to your colleagues.I myself felt i wasnt able to do justice to my work,hence i took a break to continue with the treatments.Also i had a IVF planned hence i knew travelling so far on a dailybasis wouldnt be safe plus since it involved huge finances and i never wanted to take a risk with the treatments,Had your work not involved so much of travelling i wouldnt have suggested taking a break ,as there are many ladies here who are managing the treatments and work together.Yes it is difficult to sit and home and not be busy,but then at least i know that i dont have to face the stress of work and TTC together.That being said,i am yet to get that positive after 1.5 years of break,however i am not complaining ,if this is wot it takes to take home a baby.
    Good luck ahead!!

4. NKR

NKR Bronze IL'ite

Swathi dear,

I have logged into IL after a long long time and looking for some updates from you lovely ladies...Please don't loose heart dear...Maybe the new place will bring some positive change. All will be good. Keeping you in my prayers!

All the best dear,

Love,
    NKR

5. abby123

abby123 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this thread and see a lot of you undergoing IVF for the first time. I am sailing in the same boat. After 3 failed IUI cycles, and TTC for 2 years, me and my hubby decided to go for IVF. Mine is an unexplained infertility. Im PCOS and that's about it. I have no other problems. tubes, uterus, no deficiency, no health problems whatsoever. I am 34, 5'3" and 50 kgs. Husband has reports thumbs up. I started my first cycle of IVF with a lottttttt of hope on May 02, 2015. Today I went for my day 06 scan and I have a total of 20 follicles. around 11 in left and 9 in right (of various sizes/) the biggest one is 12.6 mm today. I was on Gonal F 225 ui for 5 days and for next 3 days i hve to take gonal f 225 ui and ciscure injections. My doc says the next scan on Saturday, May 09, will show some more increase in the size of the follicles. Also in case of hyper stimulation of ovaries, she will have to postpone the ET to next cycle. I am a bit confused on this. If she suspects hyper stimulation then why continue the dose of Gonal F for 3 more days? But in any case I have immense trust on my doc and I am going to go by what she suggests. Any suggestions to increase my chances in this cycle are most welcome. lots of baby dust to you all....yumsmileyxoxox

6. manuaggarwal

manuaggarwal Silver IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    Me and my husband have been trying for 3+ yrs. We have had 3 IUIs, all failed. First one was a success though but was an ectopic pregnancy. We are returning to India around Oct. We will be residing in pune. Can anybody tell me any good doctors and hospitals for ivf cycle.
    Thanks

7. deepthisini

deepthisini Gold IL'ite

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Depthi,
    How are u doing? How is all other souls doing?

I am back after a long...

9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Manu..

for pune, with closed eyes I will recommend Dr Sachin Jadhav in Gupte hospital..I conceived there and so did a few other persons whom I suggested to meet him..

wish u all the best

10. deepthisini

deepthisini Gold IL'ite