1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Job opportunities to L2 visa holder in IT

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rutu21, Mar 12, 2009.

1. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi preeti,
    YEs the consultants will ask you to submit a copy of EAD and your ssn number (not the copy).
    I also gave my EAD copy and SSN number I did not face any issue ne3ither did ny of my friends, now a days this has become a mandatory procedure.
    This is because they need to know your eligibility status, and also your EAD expiration date. Consultants need to submit the work authorization document when they sign the contract with the client, also this is used for your BCG by the clients especially when you are in the financial domain.
    SSN number will be required for tax calaculation or reporting your saalry to Fed and state.

Thanks
    Malar.

2. AmulyaB

AmulyaB New IL'ite

Hi Krithika,

I am new to IL & US. I'm on L2 visa & applied for EAD & waiting for it. I've been working in India for 7.5 years in IT & now at home sitting idle & taking care of my DD. am planning to work as am feeling too bored. atleast work from home.. can u pls share as where & how can I find genuine work-from-home options?
    i guess the link that u shared is removed. pls suggest

3. cute345

cute345 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am L2-visa holder and have applied for ead and waiting for it and sitting idle at home..I wanted to know if one can work from home without having an ead.. If yes then can somebody suggest me genuine work from options/links.. Please help..

4. sangithajk

sangithajk New IL'ite

good to c a thread like tis..

I am also on the same boat.. in US for 4 months now and got my EAD last month.. Its being a very difficult time to find a job here.. I have 2+ years of experience with mainframes..

Hi Malarun..
    Reading ur post i guess u have contacted some consultancies.. i am getting calls from so many consultancies.. they are ready to market my resume.. but they all r asking to convert it into a fake one by adding years.. also they all are asking to sign a paper which has so many conditions.. did u come across such situation? is it ok to sign tht and work for them? do u know any good consultancies? Please let me know..

5. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Sangitha,

I did sign an agreement paper after I got the job offer and was throught the client interview..

I did not accept for faking my experience but two of my friends did fake their experience, this depends on one's own mentality...
    I took 3 months to get a job after I got my EAD... I mostly preferred US consultancies...
    Please read the terms and conditions before you sign anything especially in US, I have heard of a few people suffering at the hands of desi consultancies...
    Also read reviews about the consultancies in glassdoors.com
    a few which are very good ones are Teksystems, bahwan Cybertek, Apex systems...

Thanks
    Malar

6. amit621

amit621 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a L2 Visa valid for next 2 yrs and I am in Automotive field ( Sales) and my wife is working in IL on L1 along with kid. Do i have any oppertunity in my field if i relocate in IL. I have 10+ yrs exp and working as a Manager post in India.
    Is anybody knows about the job oppertunities in this field or recommend any consultant email or number to me .
    thanks in advance,
    AP

7. Nithii1

Nithii1 Senior IL'ite

Hi ,

I have around 7 years of IT experience.I came to US 2 years back and iam on L2 EAD but no luck with job search.

@Suma Do you have any suggestions for me?

I see a lot of work from jobs..But the link is not shown up.Whats the site name?Please shares your views .

Thanks
    Nithii

8. ramyasreey

ramyasreey New IL'ite

Hi,
    It sounds nice of work from home option I ma in need of it as a mom I need to stay at Home .Can you please send me the details of the above said job .

9. Sugany

Sugany New IL'ite

Hi all,

Does anyone have idea about this work from home is genuine? Appreciate some advise.
    -sugany

10. swati1542

swati1542 New IL'ite

Hi

I am swati. Recently i moved to bellevue, washington. I am on L2 visa. And i am looking for job. I have done Masters in computer application. And i want database related job.
    Can i directly apply to company or should i go for consultancy?