1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lovey-dovey posts in FB

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Rihana, Mar 17, 2015.

1. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

These days I just hate FB, Shocked to see that people do so much politics on FB, show their attitudes, Jealous,earlier it was on Phone where people used to show their true colors now it's thru FB posts/Wht's up/twitter messages,OMG it was just a heartbreak for me more than fun,I just signed off from my FB account for my inner peace..

2 people like this.
  2. maleficent

maleficent Silver IL'ite

There are posts on FB that really annoys me but lovey-dovey posts doesn't bother me. Some people are like that, it doesn't mean they don't say their love in person. My husband is like that, he posts a lot on FB about almost everything he does, including lovey-dovey stuff. What he posts is a real representation of him... FB is his way of connecting with friends who live further away. I personally don't see any harm in posts like that. People who posts stuff that I find annoying a lot, I generally unfollow them.

2 people like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow. I now know two things about this friend of yours. 1) She has great memory, something which I envy about her! 2) She is high maintenance, I don't envy your position. Angootha-chaap is a nice phrase. I'm going to use that if such a situation ever arises.

1 person likes this.
  4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Know what ? There is an abbreviation ( somebody make an abbreviation for this word!) for it: PDA... Public Display of Affection.

I atleast hope they take effort to write it on their own... unlike copy- paste the first message. Many dont think there is anything wrong with it.. its just got it?- flaunt-it. I am not a big fan of those but whom am I to stop. Mark has been saying that you cant redeem dollars for likes, but still people belive likes are assets. So be it.. I have many and I can give you one.

But I actually have very few friends whom I like out of compulsion ;most of them ( dont have many friends as such) I genuinely like due to affection

I dont think people have time to go through all the 'like' minded friends.. Its just the count. And I think this is what goes with giving likes.. If the other person starts the like marathon on you, you start on them.. It might even be a dog peeing video, but you like it. If they stop, you stop even if they get a Noble prize...

2 people like this.
  5. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

In her way she did it

She told : By posting
    He listened: By liking
    image.jpg

6 people like this.
  6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Me too...I don't like why they need to shout to the whole world on how much they love their Spouse and not whisper to their Spouse's ears....

I just simply don't comment such posts as i get a trail of notifications on others who also commented on that post..If its the Bday or Anniversary i just go ahead and wish them on their wall..

Regarding the "Likes", off late people make big issues out of Likes ...Say i like a particular cousins picture and Don't press the like Button for another cousin's picture, i am portrayed as a Biased one...So off late i don't "LIKE" any picture to be on the safe side.

Rihana likes this.
  7. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

And big big paragraphs for kids birthday . As if the kid is going to read your FB post . "You made my life complete , family complete "

5 people like this.
  8. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Very true! Same thing with posts on elderly parents who are NOT on FB!

I am amused by the silly PDA, i generally dont comment. But one close friend was having a lovey dovey conversation with her husband acquiring likes and messages so i embarrased her by asking why the hell she cant talk to her husband in private ;)

What went overboard is one friend posting about her kid being in the ICU along with a pic. I was so put off by this, I deleted my account.

seriously, the day is not far off when people will start posting pictures of last rites.

5 people like this.
  9. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Rihana, the dirty linen part, I've been there. This friend who is really prolofic on FB just whinges to me about an event her husband is insisting she attend and the subsequent shouting matches she has been having with him. A couple of hours later is pic of her dressed to the nines, looking gorgeous, with an effusive post directed at the husband thanking him for being so wonderful to her, the wonderful opportunity to go to the wonderful event, congratulating him of winging wonderful passes to the wonderful event blah blah. Makes us wonder; doesn't it!

I get annoyed too and husband gets ultra annoyed, unless it is someone from my side of the family in which case he happily gets to rile me about having such relatives. Sigh!

I don't press like on such posts unless it has a potential to have a political impact (see that about relatives in previous para?) Then I swiftly press like and move on.

I also dislike impersonal happy birthday messages to / from people who studied 1st std with me and haven't really been in touch since.

Anyone who who asks me about why no like, I put the blame squarely on FB's ever changing algorithms which "unfortunately" did not display their "sweet" post on my feed. :p

but girls, let's face it. The very reason I log into FB is to spy on how other people are living their lives. It would be very boring if they stop having online conversations with their spouses.

4 people like this.
  10. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Now ladies, I realise getting likes is a huuuuuge deal. I have decided to henceforth keep a tab on who all like my posts here. I shall take minor offence if you haven't liked a post within the next 24 hours (48 over the weekend) Being the kind of person who believes in second chances, I shall send you a "friendly reminder" by PM once this time is up. If I still don't see a like in 24 hours, minor becomes major, you shall face serious consequence of not getting any more likes from me, ever.

8 people like this.