1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home maker vs Working woman- Who is Great? and Who do you like to be?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Keet, Feb 1, 2015.

Who is great? Home maker or Working Woman

1. Homemaker

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Working Woman

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. Both are equal

68 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

She is correct- One should buy jewelery if one like to wear but most wedding jewelery is too much. I mean where in the world will one wear all that? Most of it just sit in a locker somewhere.

You are doing the right thing- give them wings and let them fly and trust them. With your values, love and trust they wont star far from you. There was no intrigue in my life. Sometimes I wished for drama like my friends, where most were busy doing everything parents objected.

3 people like this.
  2. maleficent

maleficent Silver IL'ite

I know exactly what you mean by pleasure and pain. I enjoy it too!

I will miss my girl so much when she leaves home (she is 18 now)... I'm just dreading it.

3 people like this.
  3. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

No not at all. Its not about money. Im not talking about being financially independent. It is just doing a very balanced life. Being good working women plus a home maker. Doing any kind of job, not for money just to keep urself occupied other than just being a home maker. Having worked hard all this time to get that degree, I feel should not go waste. If you have no time to go for a job, why don't u teach online. there are enough opportunities for everyone in this world.
    I m not saying home maker is bad. Being a women, we can do much more!

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@indubalram i don't want to argue with you.

you are confusing two different things. about being a working women and empowering women. both are interlinked but not the same.

To each his own.

5 people like this.
  5. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

@indu, it is easy to judge others. There may be tonnes of reason why a woman choose to stay at home - though they are highly educated[​IMG], are smart. You have mentioned there are enough opportunities for everyone, i dont agree to this. It is very difficult to get a job. Each one has a reason on why she chose to remain SAHM or to go to work, there is no point in judging or condemning either of those.

3 people like this.
  6. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

@indubalram I didn't like the way you were mentioning that your co - sis is staying at home. It seemed too judgemental of her, and made me feel you think of her as inferior to you, because she is SAH.

2 people like this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

My elder one also asks such silly questions ...although she acts like she couldn't care less...
    Once she also asked ..." Do you ever regret having us....like having us and not some other kids?"
    I told her if we had to now choose from a million kids...we would go around looking for you two rascals till we found you.She went away smiling from ear to ear ...with a spring in her walk....to tell the younger one.

The other one of course is pretty sure she is God's gift to us ...and she has the attitude and the shake of the head to go with it.

9 people like this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

The day my daughter got into a college in the same place where we are staying ...my husband's first reaction with a big smile was...she will be with us for at least 3 more years.I was so dreading sending her away.....

6 people like this.
  9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Its so sweet to watch you ladies talking about your teenage daughter.. on one hand I cannot wait to watch mine growing up to see what a woman she will become .. on the other me too already dread the day she will move out.... cant even think about it

4 people like this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sdiva20, @shanvy, @yellowmango and all others I have missed - Thinking of things like driving, moving out and going to college and more are all giving me multiple missed heartbeats. The what ifs of all those things keeps me on the edge. Driving is dangerous, college away is dangerous, going to live by herself is dangerous but she has to go. I'm sure she's going to be fine and we are going to feel the emptiness.
    My DH was cuddling her yesterday and he was telling me how big she has become. He used carry her on his shoulders and walk around, now he can't lift her easily.

6 people like this.