1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home maker vs Working woman- Who is Great? and Who do you like to be?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Keet, Feb 1, 2015.

Who is great? Home maker or Working Woman

1. Homemaker

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Working Woman

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. Both are equal

68 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. maleficent

maleficent Silver IL'ite

I prefer my kids to be financial independent too... feels safer that way. But I take the point others have made here too.

2. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Well Said I would say a working woman is much better a home maker as well!
    This is a competitive world. We compete with other person in every walk of our life and want to be one above the other. When husbands can do household helping work, I have seen many help changing diapers, cooking good food at times then why not we as a women do much more than what can they do at work. That's how we can build a better economy to the country and world. Women empowerment is very important!

3. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Well said! I have the same opinion. Im very much this way and my SIL is a home maker who only cooks. She has domestic maid, driver plus in laws to take care of her kid. She just cooks and then go for sloka class. I feel women can do much better than this. This is the generation where women are given all freedom and male welcome this unlike previous when women were not supposed to step out of the house.

4. maleficent

maleficent Silver IL'ite

That's the important thing to me, financial security. It could be in the form of property, savings or a job or have skill set to earn if required. Thanks for your reply.

5. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

@Shanvy- I support your daughter in this....Good for her. I was just like her. I always mention that my parents never talked about marriage and how I will have to go to another family etc. etc. It was also beacuse if my mom ever brought it upthe topic it would make me mad so she just refrained from talking about it to me. Moreover, I hated this whole jewelery business for marriage and told if you make anything for me,you are just wasting money. And for my marriage, I hadly wore much jewelery at all.

2 people like this.
  6. maleficent

maleficent Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, solid education and good values are very important and somewhat within our ability to provide... the rest we can only guide, hope & pray (if religious).

1 person likes this.
  7. maleficent

maleficent Silver IL'ite

Amen to that :cheers

2 people like this.
  8. maleficent

maleficent Silver IL'ite

Thanks for replying SGBV.

Yeah end of the day it is their life, we can only do what is within our control. What you planning to do are all good stuff. All the best!

No one told me working woman are not a home maker too or that home makers are not working... it's just different words to mean slightly different things. I was just going with the the title of this thread.

I read some of the posts in this thread, I didn't particularly have a strong view on it but had this nagging question about future generation so posted it here. I didn't think lot of people would reply but really happy to see the replies.

1 person likes this.
  9. maleficent

maleficent Silver IL'ite

That's fantastic :clap

10. maleficent

maleficent Silver IL'ite

My daughter has a boy friend so now talks about marriage are more like don't rush into making any big decisions, take your time, first focus on your education blah blah blah... I deliberately don't talk about jewels, marriage function, etc... just in case I some how end up tempting her to get married soon.

2 people like this.