1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

how to manage personal life, work and workouts?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by sanjuruby3, Mar 10, 2015.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

My topic is about how to manage and balance between hectic work like, family life with infant and our health. And I after seeing all the forums, this seemed to be only right place.

I have 8 mon+ baby. Hectic work schedule for myself and super hectic for husband who has calls all the time and we both have ailing bodies with 50 + pounds extra on us. We both have high cholesterol and some other issues and need to maintain healthy eating and workout regime.

We have nanny who also cooks but he food is extremely tasteless which forces us to eat out a lot on weekends. Plus with baby on weekend we can not do anything.

Weekdays I go at home and cook for baby and take care of her eating, bathing etc. Morning I have calls and then I have to go to work. My DH has calls in the morning through late night. This way he keeps care of her feeding late night and I do things in the morning. But with her cries, none of us get good sleep and rest.

So I need suggestion and motivation if someone been through same situation, when to add workout to the daily schedule. I have literally ballooned up and am loosing all my confidence after baby. I do not shop, do not meet old friends who used to make fun of my regular diet/exercise habits that time. I have lost myself after baby and honestly I can not come out of it.

What is your experience and how did you manage?

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

May be you can check a fitness center nearby office and go during lunch hour .

Can your husband watch your baby for an hour or two . It does not take long to make a weeks worth of rotis and store it in fridge . This I did a lot after my baby and I used to pack portions in aluminum foil . If you warm these up in microwave they are good to go. I follow same for husbands dinner too .

make more of every Sabzi and store a portion of it in freezer , you will have a ready made Sabzi for dinner or lunch .

if you want only fresh food , use rice cooker to make rice but then this rice will be full of starch . I prefer draining water from rice . I also used to use slow cooker for dals , chicken curry , some vegetables which will hold up . They are ready without much effort . Check out Indian slow cooker websites .

we have several threads here from HR to finish whole day cooking in the morning before bay wakes up

is there an option to schedule calls after reaching office .

3. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

If your nanny will look after yr kid, then she wont affect you from doing these....
    you can walk to the bus station or office from home...That way you will get some exercise.
    you can munch some healthy options such as fruits or veggies u take from home.
    on week ends buggy your child to do the shopping.
    ask your husband to do these things.