1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Extras by Women!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by hrastro, Feb 17, 2015.

1. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Sravani , thank you.. I'm grateful for all the positive vibes I'm getting in response to this thread!!! You haven't added your extras!!! Am sure you do much more than 'designated work'

1 person likes this.
  2. DGeethu

DGeethu Senior IL'ite

@hrasto May be this is called ART OF LIVING , great job :wow

1 person likes this.
  3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Amazing @karanu
    Multi talented!! Finance, nutrition, attentive mom, writing and blogging as well as working from home while DH is studying!!! Wow !! And providing videos and support for working women !! You take the cake!!
    Inspiring!!

Honored to know you karanu !!! Thanx for your motivating writeup !!!

2 people like this.
  4. sumithrashankar

sumithrashankar New IL'ite

u r a super woman. i need 1-1 guidance for management from u

1 person likes this.
  5. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

@hrastro, You are great! This is really a positive way to look at life.

1 person likes this.
  6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

@hrastro I had marked this thread to read. I am glad that i read it today with the input of all the other posters. You are an inspiration. Please do share your experience often.

@Laks09 You are amazing. Not sure how you get the strength to do so much. I have walked through some of the similar troubles of my cousin and i know how difficult it is. God bless you and hats off to you.

@Shanvy Mam, Thanks for sharing your experience. I am not sure if I have the strength or the capability to do even half as much.

@hrastro Thanks for the great positive thread and a well deserved nominations. @Laks09 I don't think any nominations or prize equals your positive attitude in the challenges before you.

3 people like this.
  7. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Hats off :hatsoffto you @Laks09. Plain Respect:bowdown.

2 people like this.
  8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

So true is the saying that God cannot be every where that is why She created mothers.

It is hard being a mom but women like @Laks09, Shanvy and all mom who would go any lengths to fight even with God for you child's well being and happiness- you are inspiration for others.

Thanks @hrastro for this thread. All you ladies - you are wonderful. I include my mother in that list- of mom's who would do anything for her child including fight with God to secure their happiness.

5 people like this.
  9. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Truly impressed by the multi-faceted talents of all ILs who have posted here and of those other ILs who have not posted here; I know they do many things worthwhile, but may not have the skill to pen them down skillfully or may simply not have the time to do so...

@hrastro @Shanvy @Saisakthi @karanu @Laks09 @Vanivyas @iyerviji @suryakala @joylokhi @SGBV @brahan @Viswamitra :clap:clap

Now, what do I do? Am I even doing something? I wanted to do this post, mainly as an introspection.. ideasmiley

I am a working mom with a DD 2y. Dh is in a busy job. So this DD-work-family-household chores by itself is a super tiring paradigm on all days! I get leave from work, but not from the other 3 areas. Nowadays, I am getting better at taking care of myself also amidst other stuff. Read 'better time management'

Apart from DD- work- family- household chores-me;

Yes, my first job was teaching kids Mathematics and English for almost no pay. I used to go about 4-6 hours per day.

Now, I Take DD to the park every single day, and actually supervise the whole set of about 8 kids while they play. All are less than 5Y.Meanwhile, also prevent their fights, teach them good values, how to play with each other, how to share, how to care for their friends etc.

The one good thing out of the above is the children are all very fluent in their language. They speak English when they are together (The children's first language is usually not English; and English is not spoken widely in this part of the country, unlike India, UK and US)

Language and Relationship skills are easier and beneficial to impart when they are still kids!

I make sure I avoid all plastic bags, boxes, bottles and cups. I even avoided diapers as maximum as possible after reading is not degradable quickly.
    I am a BF , cloth diaper mom! I cook home made all the time, and like @karanu mentioned, my DD will eat all vegetables, fruits and grains, different types of diary too. My baby sitters and DD too have been immensely cooperative on this aspect!

I counsel students for their higher education, secondary school level. Many of my relatives also seek advise on education related matters. I have been helping them to prepare for placement exams, apply at various places, and choose the best one for them.

I am also working on a project which secures job placements for students after they graduate, Top graduates usually don't have a problem to secure jobs; but I am working on placements for all the others too, average students and below..

Help students who are in their tertiary education level, those who are still unable to read and write fluently in English.. Helping them to Learn a language and making them overcome their shyness and stage fear. Soft skills training

An In-house software development for the place where I am working. It is challenging to be the programmer, database designer, DBA, Software Tester and Support engineer for the system which I am also the super admin of. Anything will be sent to my table, and I have noone to escalate my errors in the software to!

I have been preparing for my research on and off in the past; but starting actively full time from next week! That's the biggest project in the near future.

Finances: I think 5 times before spending; Take care of shopping, bills, EMI, investments too. Usually make surprises for most occasions with handmade gifts in addition to store-bought ones.

I write technical book reviews for some popular publishers; hoping to author my own book some day.

Help out friends when they are newly married and settled in this country with no access to driving; feeling home sick or so on.

And being a Forum moderator in IL has helped me to share the little I know with those who are in need of those stuff!

10. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

@preethiitech my god!!! You have so many talents!! I can imagine Goddess Durga with a different type of task in each of her 10 hands!!!

I am now doubly glad I started this thread!!! We are learning about so many multitalented multifaceted multitasking Goddesses Durga in our very own indusladies!!

I think women are intrinsically built to GIVE!!! And WOW!!! They do give!!!
    Hats off to you @preetiitech !!

2 people like this.