1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is there life after delivery?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Modern day philosophy at its best!
    Regards

Malathi

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy,

Thank you for your response and kind words. You are right. It is practical spirituality that works best with the new generation. When I was contemplating about the purpose of opening a Twitter handle for myself, suddenly like a flash, it came to my mind that I could use those 140 characters to write spiritual messages that could be read by young people. I have posted approximately 400 plus spiritual messages so far in my Twitter handle and I don't post anything else. I noticed that most who followed my Twitter handle are very young men and women.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and anukarsha like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Scorpio,

Thank you for your response and kind words. I am truly humbled by your generous appreciation of my character. I did respond to your post earlier and for some strange reason, it disappeared. Hence I am responding again.

It is so satisfying to see that you heard it from another friend of yours in the Missionary Group. It is true that life is a dress rehearsal and preparation for something big and that is why building character, control of the mind and senses, ceiling on desires, moderation, equanimity, detachment, etc. make sense.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and Scorpio707 like this.
  4. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

excellent snippet viswa sir and jayasala mam

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Vidukarth,

Thank you for your kind response. Smt Jayasala always enlightens all of us either through her posts or through her responses. There is so much to learn from her.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir
    Wonderful post the way you have drawn analogy is very beautiful n thoughtful one

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear VJ,

Thank you for taking the time to visit this post and for your words of appreciation. It is the responses from ILites that makes me write more and more here in IL.

Viswa

8. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa Sir,

This is simply brilliant.
    I really can’t pen down what I went through when I read it now, words fail to express my gratitude for making me see life and death through the eyes of the creator. All I could think of is, surrender and owe everything to the mastermind – The God!
    Thanks for creating such a beautiful piece. :bowdown

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Neetu,

Well, what can I say to your response? I feel truly humbled by your words of appreciation. Atmanivethanam is the ultimate best human beings can do to express the gratitude for an opportunity given to us. Let us not imprison ourselves into the limitations of the Body, Mindy & Intellect ("BMI") (Shetra) complex and make an attempt to see the field (Shetrajna) beyond that level that beats the time and space limitations.

If that level gives the ultimate joy called bliss, why should we content ourselves to the worldly pleasure alone? Not that I am suggesting we should forgo the worldly pleasure but strongly suggesting to moderate them in order to achieve the ultimate pleasure called Bliss. The distance between God and me is nothing but the distance between my BMI and my Self. The inner journey is thrilling especially when it refines us and eventually provide something we aspire for in everyone of our lives in the past.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

This is a wonderful analogy Viswamitra. I had read this a while ago and could not help marvel at the person whose imagination could come up with a parallel situation, so perfect as to make us understand that there is plenty of stuff going on beyond the curtain which we can never be sure of.

One more story to show us that lack of proof does not imply non-existence of something.