Small business ideas

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by SGBV, Aug 28, 2014.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I am planning to start a small business soon from my home. It is all about selling cloths and other accesaries.

I think there is a great demand for Indian cloths (not so highly expensive, but moderate cloths like saree, salwar, kurthis etc..etc..) in Sri Lanka. Also the designer accesaries like earrings, studs, necklaces, bangles, foot chain etc..etc..

I am planning to employ 2 men from my circle to buy these items from India for me. Their travelling and other expenditure can be borne by me.
    Also, I have a plan to employ 2 women to display these items from my boutique-which I am planning to build alongside my villa.

I also have a plan to take some Sri Lankan specialized items to India. I will have to check what is liked, and not available in India.. so that I can take them to there.

Ladies... I need your assistance in the following areas:-
    - Wholesale garment shops to buy moderate level (not high cost as it is hard to sell them quickly) cloths as mentioned above
    - Wholesale accesaries shops
    - Items from Sri Lanka that has demand in India
    - Where can we sell them

Your ideas in this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

3 people like this.

2. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello SGBV, Great plan. All the best.

I am not aware of wholesalers, but that has been discussed quite extensively in the forum. Search for it and you might find a few.

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks... If anyone could share the links to the said threads, that would be a great help

4. preetiparikh

preetiparikh New IL'ite

Hi SGBV:

I live in VAdodara, Gujarat, and have a wonderful garam masala powder to sell. I can send you a sample, you can go ahead after trying. 400/kg plus shipping. We can add other items if things work out fine between us.

thanks,
    Preeti

5. Celebrations

Celebrations New IL'ite

Hi
    My name is priya from Bangalore.if you are still looking for , I have a boutique here with three tailors.i deal with wholesale dresses, anarkalis , sarees and designer blouses.have an embroidery unit too.let me know if you are interested. My phone no is nine eight eight six nine nine four two seven three