Schools in Medavakkam - my experience

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sruthiroopini, Dec 6, 2014.

1. sruthiroopini

sruthiroopini Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    we were planning to admit my son in pre kg in 2015-16. He was born in Oct 2012. We did not put him in any play school till now but planning to do so before sending him to actual prekg. We roamed to few schools and I will try to summarise our experience.
    St Johns Medavakkam -
    It is the nearest school for us. I talked to parents of 7 kids from my apartment. Yes the fees is high. For prekg you won't even get admission form until you pay 1 lakh in cash. Then he will give you a application form and prospectus. You need to pay at least 1500 rupees after this for filling out these forms and submitting. You will get a call letter giving a time and date for interview. That day you need to pay 50k again in cash. Ours is on Thursday this week.
    coming to school, I heard from the parents that it is very much disciplined. There are extra curricular activities. Kids are encouraged for all round improvement. I checked school books and circulars- all stuff from school.Why I went for this school
    a. Discipline
    b. Difference b/w kids in St john and other schools.
    c. Did not like other schools
    d. Nearest to my home

BVM Global Bollineni- already for pre kg admission forms were issued. They need to be submitted before 11th Dec.Taled to parents in my apartment for this school. There will be no uniform until 5th. That is per me a major disadvantage. Also there won't be any homework. Kids are encouraged to be free.here also donation is 1 lakh. Fees is somewhere around 40k. I don't know about age criteria. the building was not that good or hifi but parents from bollineni are joining their kids in St johns.

national public school global hospital - age criteria is 3 years for prekg by sep 12. Fees in 1 lakh pa. No donation. I liked the location and school from outside. However fees is way too high. Anyways my son does not fulfil age criteria.

i hope this will help parents.

2. geetharar

geetharar Senior IL'ite

Hi

I am also looking for admission for my son & daughter.. for 8th and 1st std. Are you aware if St.johns have started issuing application for these grades.. Also are u aware of the fee structure for these grade... Pls let me know the details.

3. neharika28

neharika28 New IL'ite

Hi..

I have visited all these schools and ended up in Asan, near Medavakkam

4. geetharar

geetharar Senior IL'ite

hi neha,

How is asan... is it a cbse school. for which class u hv put admission. why hv u rejected all the above said school..

rgds
    geetha