1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Has she forgotten crawling?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shari2003, Dec 3, 2014.

1. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

A few weeks back, I had put another thread about how my daughter does bottom shuffling/ bum shuffling rather than actual crawling and uses it as a method for navigation. But for 2-3 days now, she has stopped doing that also. She just stays where we make her lie. She does go on her tummy and back, but, no crawling.

I tried placing some of her favorite toys in the vicinity. She tries picking them/ reaching them using her hands, but, when she finds that they are out of reach, she cries. Sometimes babbles loudly and in kind of begging tone asking me to pick them and hand over to her; but no effort from her side. Is she lazy? Has she forgotten crawling? She sits if we make her sit, but, does not get up on her own as yet.

has anyone experienced this? Shall we wait and keep trying, or, should I take her to the paed? Please suggest/ share your experiences.

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

I dont have any experience to share. But if I were you, I wouldnt be worried. REading your thread I feel like the baby is just little lazy :D. She will master it in the course of time, dont worry. I didnt read your other thread.. how old is she?

3. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

How old is your baby

4. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

She's completed 7 months. Yes, I too think she's a bit too lazy. Am only worried that she stopped doing something that she normally does.

5. Jarine

Jarine New IL'ite

Hi Shari, please stop worrying. not all babies are same. My daughter used to only roll till she was 8 months. And started crawling by the 8th month only. Its normal and from the other thread i understand your baby is only 7 months now.

6. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

she is just 7months.. why do you worry??? my dd crawled only around 10months..and until she crawled her only mode of navigation was rolling.. and it depends on the child.. my niece dint roll crawl, directly started to walk around 8months..

if you are much concerned better consut your ped on your next visit..

thanks,
    Muthu

7. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Dear ladies,

I happened to meet a friend yesterday whose DS did the same kind of crawling (bottom shuffling) like my daughter. She said it is a temporary phase and lasts only for a few weeks. It seems her paed told her to enjoy, take photos, videos etc soon if she planned to take them, because this phase stays only for a few weeks! LOL!
    This has put me so much at peace, but, I think she might go to standing phase directly and might not crawl at all..

8. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

hey my nephew did the same ... got the whole family worried .. when we we went to the pead, he told "i think the baby has taken after one lazy parent" indicating towards my brother LOL !!! so nothing to worry