1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Divorce looks imminent...suggestions please

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by underhill, Nov 21, 2014.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I don't think he needs to be a citizen in this case....just the kid.

2. underhill

underhill New IL'ite

UPDATE

I heard from my relative that she threatened to file a case so that I will be issued red corner notice etc. So that I will lose my job and will be arrested immediately I land in India. My parents are worrying. Is there such possibility?

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Under hill,
    Now that is serious. You need to find a lawyer in India ASAP if that is true. Nobody here will know the legal ramifications of such cases.
    This maybe an empty threat, maybe serious or your relative maybe over exaggerating. You never know. Better safe than sorry.
    I'm pretty sure your issues are deeper than what people on online forums can help with. You need proper legal help.

L

3 people like this.
  4. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

You need to get legal help in india asap. aslo contact men help organizations in India and get their help. Dont wait and watch. Does not matter you or your parents are at fault or not, but can easily be jailed in dowry or domestic violence cases.

1 person likes this.
  5. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

like others said, you need to get professional, legal help at this point. you should have a paper trail of the money you sent there, she just up and left without informing you of her intent to stay back. it is not in the scope of this forum to give advise at this stage. i am surprised you are here instead of getting help and addressing this in the proper manner!

1 person likes this.
  6. underhill

underhill New IL'ite

@coolwinds
    Though the title suggests the divorce looks imminent, my heart still says she will realize and come back because of how I treated her during her stay with me. I want to say what is happening to the members here to know what you are thinking as I am still in refusal mode and not thinking in different directions.

7. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

if you are in denial mode, i think your latest update shows things have gone ahead of the reconciliation stage.

1 person likes this.
  8. KP55

KP55 Gold IL'ite

Underhill now you are finally telling some truth. you made it seem that your side of the family was very innocent. Finally you are admitting some guilt over how you may have treated her. You can only poke a puppy so much until it will bark and fight back.

I think there way too many people involved in this 'holy matrimony' of yours. If you want a life with her, and you can live with the fact that your family will hate her for the rest of your life. Then be a MAN apologize for your mistakes, go back to india, face her and bring her back.

If you think this marriage is OVER, which I think is better for both of you. Then be a MAN and go back to india and deal with this matter and close it with the help of a legal team.

Either way, walk back home with some pride and dignity.

Stop listening to your relatives and involving them. You are living this life, not them, not your brother, etc. Let me also guess that you had a son? The way you make things sound, I don't think your mother would care to see the baby if it was a daughter.

Your family is selfish as well, they only want the son from her. Basically take HER CHILD away from her. And your family is only listening when she threatens them with taking the child.

I think your "wife" is acting out of anger. There are some deep rooted issues here. I don't think any woman just walks into a marriage, wanting to have a baby and make her and her husband's life miserable afterwards. She is probably suffering just as much.

And now you have a relative basically telling you not to visit india.

Be a MAN, talk to her ALONE, and deal with this. I hate to be blunt, but as a man let me tell you that you look pathetic in this situation. You have your family filling your head with crap, and then she has her family filling her head with crap. You are at a stalemate.

Take it from me, go to a lawyer, get your facts/paper correct and start the proceedings. She can't keep the child away from you, laws won't allow that.

When all this is said and done you will be in a much happier place.

And please for god's sake stop involving other people. You are just a story for them to gossip about, thats all. Your family sees her as the evil one, her family sees you as the evil one. Nobody suffers except both of you and the poor child you brought in this world.

Be a MAN, and start acting like one. Only you are responsible for your own fate.

Why are you demanding the money back, let her have it, who cares? The problem with you is, that you know that you are guilty and play some part in her behavior. But now you see that so many people are involved, you don't know if you can go back to living with her, without everyone looking at you with shame.

2 people like this.
  9. underhill

underhill New IL'ite

What guilt you are talking about? I thought she will compare her stay with me and with her parents and come back for me. (I contacted one lady who did baby shower for us at her home, she also suggested wait some time saying the same reason). She herself mentioned that couple of times how happy she is with me. I don't know where I mentioned the poking part.

Just like anybody, I also dream of having happy life with wife and kids. I could not let go that easily and digest all this happenings, especially with kid. But morale is downing day by day, where I now come to the point of preparing my mind to the worst.

10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Underhill - She may get back. She may have a change of heart. Is her current environment conducive to that? I'm not sure she will be allowed to change her mind because her family is already saying the money you have isn't enough and they need more. I don't think she has the environment to change her mind with that kind of conversations going on. I think she needs a positive environment to change her mind. If she is willing to go for marital counselling then maybe you can talk to her in counselling and see how things pan out. I'm sure you need legal consult before you do anything or go anywhere. Why take a chance and get in trouble?