Searching for an apartment with Indian community in Houston

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by npbhat, May 8, 2014.

1. npbhat

npbhat New IL'ite

Hi I am planning to move to memorial area please suggest me some apartments with good indian community & which is close to good schools.
    Thanks.

2. lalithabrahma

lalithabrahma Bronze IL'ite

I hope you get someone from memorial area to answer this.

If not, google and find Indian Grocery stores/Indian Restaurants/temples/Indian Association nearby. Visit these places. Talk to the owners and ask them exactly what you want. As Indians visit these places, these organization/owners/managers have a good idea of where they live and the facilities. They are helpful.

3. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Looking for good apartments around west bellfort,diary ashford area.....

Hi, all its been so long since I post anything here... we looking for apartments near this area doesn't matter the price but safe one, one bedroom apt... me and my hubby and 3 yr old son.... if anyone leaving around this area please let me know... we thinking to move by the end of this year... please posting it... and keep suggesting.....

4. athidi02

athidi02 New IL'ite

Hi did u find any apartments der in memorial area. we r planning to move to that area. Please suggest.

Thanks.

5. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

HI Breeze01

Good luck in your search.

Thanks Lalithabrahma for suggestions.

1 person likes this.
  6. npbhat

npbhat New IL'ite

Hi Aditi, sorry for delay in replying.
    Yes we found an apartment, name of the apartment is villages of briarforest. It's near briarforest & hwy 6 junction. The school zoned for this apartment is Barbara bush elementary one of the exemplory schools of Houston. So we decided on this apt. If you need any other info I will be happy to help.
    Regards,
    pooja.

7. athidi02

athidi02 New IL'ite

Thank you Pooja for the reply.....:)

8. nmrao

nmrao New IL'ite

Hi Pooja,

We are moving to Houston next month. I just saw your post and got to know that you are living in Villages of Brierforest. How is the apartment? I liked the school there (Bush elementary) Are there Indians in the apartment? Very hard to match the school, office and apartment.

Naina

9. Sansub

Sansub Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pooja

My sister will be coming to houston in another month's time.She is coming for the first time. Her husband is going to work for JPMC in fannin street. Checked ur apartment in internet. Looks good but its too far off from his workplace. difficult for commute.Can u please suggest some apts near fannin st with indian community???Pls...

10. nmrao

nmrao New IL'ite

Hi Sansub,

After looking for good elementary schools and closest commute to work, we have finalized two apartments. Belmont Apartment near West University and Camden Vanderbilt apartment near Texas medical center (near to Fannin st). I think there are lot of indians working in Texas medical center stay nearby.
    If your sister has kids, then it is the better option so far. We looked apartment which Pooja stays, but the elementary school there doesnt have space to accomodate my daughter. So we had to drop that idea. Hope that helps.