1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Tips From An Accountant –Lesson I

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by varalotti, Nov 6, 2005.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I Am Overwhelmed!

I am overwhelmed by the kind of responses I am getting from ladies with beautiful minds. I am sure that they would also be beautiful to look at. No Ambika, those were not words of exasperation but excessive admiration. So you are most welcome to enrol for the course - I don't know whether as a teacher or a student, ha ha!
    Vani, I am taking your warning very earnestly and will try to do my level best.
    Meena, I watched that programme in Star TV myself. You know something, I felt very sad for those poor ladies. Even a life-prisoner would have more freedom in what they eat and what they do. And I was not impressed by the end-result either. That may probably be due to my bias. I don't like skinny beauties who are scantily clad. I prefer full beauties who are well-dressed to accentuate their figure without showing it off.
    Meena, you are right in finding out what Bhavani has and what Neha has not. You have picked up the lesson very well. (Or, you already know).
    I am not going to give the lessons in the conventional format. With fiction writing as my passionate hobby, every lesson will be a real incident from which you will have to infer the learnings.
    Thanks for the support, dear beauties and looking forward to the continued support of you all to make this project a success.
    sridhar

2. lahari

lahari New IL'ite

Questions..

Ambika/Sharada/Meena -

All of your comments seems to be with the implicit assumption that beauty and brains are mutually exclusive. In nature's lottery, I am not sure they are.

Secondly, there seems to be a 0 or 1 approach to beauty and brains - she is beautiful or she is ugly. She is smart or she is dumb. Aren't there different shades in between? Isn't there a breed like reasonably smart but stunningly beautiful women?

3. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

beauty, brains and humane heart

Dear Lahari

You are mistaken. Why I quoted the words of Audrey Hepburn is beacuse she was an example of 'beauty with brains' and had a humane heart too.
    Usually responses are based on the post/snippet posted by somebody. Here, responses are triggered by two characters Bhavani and Neha. Because they are at both ends of a spectrum, the debate is validated. Middle path is always safe, as it never rouses curiosity or controversy. There are definitely stunning beauties with average intelligence and there are those who are other way round. All kinds make this world a wonderful place.
    Why there is a stress on gaining 'inner beauty' is because of the teenage vagaries which result in great heart ache to many a parent.
    What is the definition of beauty? A teenager said- Barbie Doll.
    If Barbie doll was a real woman, she’d have to walk on all fours due to her proportions, but she is a rage, and has become an icon in young eyes and hearts. Statistics show that in 3 billion women only 8 look like super models, - and the rest, good-looking average looking to ordinary looking to ugly looking. Do they all have to feel depressed for being less endowed ? No, they all should know some facts- almost all models in the magazines are airbrushed- not absolutely perfect, there is another plastic world where bodies are filled up, chopped off, sculpted to required dimensions and where faces are perfected.

In a survey many people expressed that they find Mother Teresa very beautiful. What beauty they were talking about? It is the beauty of her eyes which are like doorway to Heaven of Love and Hope, it is the beauty of her soul which is reflected on her serene countenance, it is the beauty of those hands which were ever ready to help the needy and the distressed. She is beautiful from within…..
    Thanks
    ambika

4. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

definitely no black or white, there are lot of greys.

Lahiri, Nice to hear from you.

I think u've misunderstood the mail. the comments are on the two characters, Bhavani & Neha and not generalised. I didn't mean either this or that..... In fact, I've heard these lines, women are like flowers and I'm sure every flower has its own fragrance and beauty and colour and ........ our favourites would also differ..........

Whenever I go thru family albums, I admire my Mom's photos; she is just beautiful and the way she handles situations is just great. I feel my friends are more beautiful than film stars - I've met some stunning beauties with average intelligence and so on....

of course there are so many combinations - dumb & beautiful; beautiful & brainy; homely/beautiful/brainy; average looking/brainy; all kinds of probables.....

Since we were discussing about beauties, I just shared some thoughts on it.

Do u know even the most admired beauty like Aish was initially rejected by an ad agency and sometime back I read their comments, I can't repeat the same words but it goes like, she knows how to present herself now and one of my friend in fashion industry said, she knows how to hide her flaws (whatever little) and be perfect and I always feel perfect is boring ........ compare another person like Kajol who doesn't look artificial all the time... U can relate to her more than Aish. Its so boring to see air-brushed beauties who have to look beautiful, talk beautiful - my, it's such a pain. anyway, I think it all suits their profession and sometimes I wonder if they can ever be normal as they routinely wear a mask and won't they loose their own identity in the process.

5. varalotti

A Very Good Show, Ladies!

Thanks Ambika for your beautiful response. Lahari, I just want to add one more thing to what has been already said. Yes there are millions of shades of grey in between black and white. But while understanding a concept we should first go to the two extremes (they may be theoritcal too) and then examine whatever is in between. That's why I posited Neha (as a representative of beauty w/o brains) and Bhavani (the inverse of Neha). In reality there would be very few people like these two. We will have a lot who will fall in between - some closer to Neha and some to Bhavani.
    The spate of replies has given me a chance to clarify the role of these lessons vis-a-vis the other beauty tips. Assuming these two extreme women (N and B) to be real my mission will be to arm Neha with Bhavani's beauty while the qualified beauticians would be busy arming Bhavani with Neha's beauty.
    thanks for the response, for the participation.
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Let's Move On To Lesson 2

Most Gracious Beauties,
    thanks for the wonderful response to lesson 1. Now it's time to move on to Lesson 2. Lesson 2 is given as a separate thread for the convenience of latecomers.
    welcome to lesson 2
    sridhar

7. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

Everyone has a secret desire of being the most beautiful person in the world!Many waste their youth in this persuit......aping their favorite celebrity is one of the common means that many choose but little do they realise that the best make-up tools are present with everyone!!A non-judgemental compassionate look in the eyes,warm welcoming smile on the lips,ever ready patient ears to listen to people and ofcourse a non biased genuine heart to understand!Afterall,beauty or for that matter anything is measured by the appreciation that is seen in others eyes!when i was is school,my economics teacher used to say,"the true price of the saree your mothers purchase,is the appreciation she gets from her neighbours&friends!!even if the saree is worth Rs5000,yet if she doesnt get admiring looks from friends,then it becomes equal to Rs 5 and is bound to end up in a corner soon".True appreciation can only be gained by the natural make-up tools that God has given each one of us.Some fail to use them and some do.This is where Bhavani scored and Neha failed.

8. varalotti

Flying Colours!

You have passed with flying colours. I especially liked the words "non-judgmental, compassionate looks". Now that you have said it that would be most beautiful thing a woman (or for that matter, a man) should aspire for. Why was Mother Theresa judged the most beautiful person? Only because of the "non-judgmental compassionate looks" in her eyes.
    thanks for the reply, Vidhukumar.
    sridhar

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005