March 2015 Due Date Club! plz join..

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by chandrikap, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

hi Manju,
    although i dont have much of nausea these days, i still have that yucky taste (something like the one you get before puking) after i finish my food.. no matter what i eat, i just get that taste.. i use some ginger mints which helps me with that.. you can try that too.. or you can use a sugarless mouth freshener... both of them helps with the feeling...
    I'm also flaunting a small bump... try to pamper yourself a little and buy some clothes.. probably something like an anarkali suit ,which will be loose around the belly..you feel better when you dress better,now that you're pregnant.. atleast i feel so.. :p
    I've having terrible migraine type headaches quite often.. your sleep cycle is going to be like that for the rest of your pregnancy... try to have a pillow under your belly and one between your legs.. i've been having knee pains when i sleep to one side.. after using a pillow its better.. always try to sleep on your sides.. sleeping on your back isnt good cos the uterus puts pressure on the main nerve which takes blood to the heart.. since circulation is very imp now, its better to sleep on sides,esp left side which increases circulation...
    but you need not be over cautious , if your body isnt comfortable with certain postures, you'll change it automatically... sine you'll have disturbed sleep at night, try to sleep whenever you feel sleepy...
    As far as being jumpy , i'm the same.. i always used to walk fast and nowadays i'm walking slowly that i feel like i'm standing at the same place.. lol... i get jumpy at sudden sounds or even if my DH gives a slight reaction to something.. oh god..its actually feels terrible to walk consciously slow....!!

I dont know how many of you use it, but if you've a smartphone you can install "Whattoexpect" app available on iphone/android... its a very useful app .. there is also a book "What to expect when you're expecting" .. it gives explanation to mos of the symptoms we face...

1 person likes this.
  2. manjusingh

manjusingh Junior IL'ite

Thanks Kalpana for the tips :) Will follow them for sure.. Yeah I am planning to buy some maternity wear this weekend to dress up nicely on Diwali :)

Frankly speaking my sleep is getting worse day by day.. I feel I get up atleast 5-6 times during night :( Do you use the Maternity Pillows? Do they think they are really helpful?

Yeah I had heard about the "Whattoexpect" app and "What to expect when you're expecting" book.. Seems exciting.. Will get them soon :)

3. manjusingh

manjusingh Junior IL'ite

Gals, have you decided about your delivery place (Hospital) well in advance? It seems that there are few exciting packages available for last 6 months of Pregnancy and 9 Divine (6 months before delivery and 3 months post delivery) by reputed hospitals. Has anyone evaluated / considered these packages?

Also are you planning for Lamaze / Pre natal yoga classes in due course?

4. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manju...
    i did check the maternity pillow.. it seems useful but is pretty expensive.. so i dont know if its worth the buy esp with lot of things on the list... i use about 4 pillows and keep three of them around me and sleep... :p

5. IndhuRamesh

IndhuRamesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends..

I too heard from one of my colleague that the maternity pillows were of great comfort to her. But as Kalpana had said, I too doubt if its worth the price. Sleeping on the back I dont prefer, but sometimes I get hip pains by sleeping o the sides(both sides). So those times I keep 2 or 3 pillows under my knee and thigh and lift up the legs for sometime. That gives good relief.

When sleeping on sides also I keep pillows on either side and one between my knees. The pillow between the knee seems very good. And also reduces the hip pains. Just experiment with some pillows to get some comfortable position for you.

6. IndhuRamesh

And one more update girlies..

Yesterday I felt the baby move and kick distinctively.. :yes: Not so much force.. But mildly. And even my hubby felt with his hands..

For past some I days could feel something like a twitch in my belly.. Like how our eyelids twitch sometimes.. but not always in the same spot.. I first thought of movements, but then thought of as my imagination. Yesterday it was crystal clear and every time the baby poked, I was giggling. Without me telling the occurrence of the movement, he was able to tell every time the baby kicked. Thats why I am sure its not my imagination.. I completed 18 weeks and into my 19th week now.

Anyone else felt similar movements.. Waiting for your experiences as well.. :)

3 people like this.
  7. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

Wow Indhu :) great to hear this awesome news..!! i'm eagerly waiting to experience that first kick.. i hope to get it in the next week or so... :)

1 person likes this.
  8. ProudIndie

ProudIndie New IL'ite

Hi Girls,
    Long time no updates from my side.
    Well, I am done with NT test and all is well by God's grace.
    Currently I am located in Germany but going to India for delivery.
    Completing 13 weeks tomorrow.
    I would like to wish you all a very healthy and happy Deepawali.

Take care,
    PI

3 people like this.
  9. IndhuRamesh

I am also waiting for all your experiences on movements Kalpana.. Eage to know how it felt for you all.. :)

Proudindie... Thats good to know that all scan results were normal. Have you decided on the hospital in India.. If not get that done soon as some hospitals wont attend to last trimester patients unless they are informed of in advance.

Wish you all Happy Diwali.. :)

10. IndhuRamesh

Hi Manju.. I am no aware of any packages like these.. Atleast not from my hospital. Anyway will inquire about it in the next visit. And Classes on yoga and exercises.. I dont have enough time to go for those classes conducted in our hospital itself. Also the hospital is far from our home. So thinking of alternatives.. What have you all ladies decided about this..??