Misconception or Presumption ? (Beware:It is related to Islam)

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Yumna, Feb 5, 2013.

1. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Yeah!!!!!

Islam is perfect but few muslims not!!!

Blame them not entire Islam

1 person likes this.
  2. dark_angel

dark_angel Silver IL'ite

salam/hi

Some good books to begin studying islam , any recommendations

2 people like this.
  3. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Wa-Salam/Greetings

Which book could be better than the Quran itself.

Sorry for the delay in response.

2 people like this.
  4. dark_angel

dark_angel Silver IL'ite

hi ..

I got my quran ..thanks

3 people like this.
  5. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Hope it makes U to understand ISLAM better

1 person likes this.
  6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yumna, thanks for starting this thread. Loved reading a few pages of it but didnt go through all 16.
    I had a doubt that has been plaguing my mind for a while now; especially since ISIS has come to light and been killing. Can you please shed some light on that? Why are they doing it? I understand a little bit about Syrian problems but exactly what is the rationale behind these killings? Is it as simple as they say, "Obama killed our people; its only fair we kill yours" or is there something more?
    Or this doesnt belong in this thread at all?

1 person likes this.
  7. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Rosy....where are you???

Please contact.Really concerned about you and miss your presence.

1 person likes this.
  8. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

[I had a doubt that has been plaguing my mind for a while now; especially since ISIS has come to light and been killing. Can you please shed some light on that?]

Thanks Rakhii for asking this though I am not the right person to answer this because I am myself as much confused about this issue as you are.You are not a Muslim so it is understood but I am a Muslim and still confused because it goes totally against my understanding.

I am not sure even if any one has an answer for why they are doing whatever they are doing.

I am quoting from an Islamic Jurisprudence source:

More than 120 Muslim scholars from around the world have come together to send an open letter to the “fighters and followers” of the so-called Islamic State, offering a comprehensive Islamic refutation, "point-by-point," to the philosophy of the self-declared caliphate.The points in the letter include:

"It is forbidden in Islam to torture";

"It is forbidden in Islam to attribute evil acts to God",

“It is forbidden in Islam to kill emissaries, ambassadors, and diplomats; hence it is forbidden to kill journalists and aid workers;

“Jihad in Islam is defensive war. It is not permissible without the right cause, the right purpose and without the right rules of conduct".

“It is forbidden in Islam to harm or mistreat —in any way — Christians or any ‘People of the Scripture’.

"It is forbidden in Islam to deny women their rights".

“The re-introduction of slavery is forbidden in Islam. It was abolished by universal consensus".

"It is forbidden in Islam to force people to convert.”

The letter, authored by a galaxy of well-known religious and scholarly figures in the Muslim world,reads.

The letter relies heavily on the Qur’an to correct parts of ISIS's ideology expressed by its leaders and members in several occasions.

“It is using heavy classical religious texts and classical religious scholars that ISIS has used to mobilize young people to join its forces,"

Please stop calling them the ‘Islamic State,’ because they are not a state and they are not a religion,” said Ahmed Bedier, a Muslim and the president of United Voices of America.

The kingdom of Saudi Arabia's top scholar &
    Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh issued a statement against ISIS which reads,
    "The ideas of extremism, radicalism and terrorism have nothing to do with Islam and their proponents are the enemy number one of Islam,".

And all I can say is we do not need or expect God to come down to us and talk to us and say: Look,"Killing is wrong and is forbidden".Do we?Because it is something which is innate with in all of us by the God who has created us.

I had wrote this in my first post of this thread and I will repeat here again that,"It is only their misunderstandings about their own religion that has led them that far".

May Almighty God show us all the right path.

2 people like this.
  9. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Sorry.... it was a Duplicate post.

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

ya Yumna. recently I was reading a book about what terrorists do what they do. Incidentally they try to take law in their hands and target the weak and meek. In this case, people from other countries who have come to help people.
    I am amazed at the technology of ISIS though. Someone (or many) is obviously funding them big time. Else it is impossible to perform like they are. I shudder to think of the next victim.
    Its weird isnt, they know very well that these small civilians have no control about the government policies and yet, they inhumanly behead.

I guess a sentence can be read and understood in completely opposite ways. i am sure Allah is going to punish them, only dont know when.

1 person likes this.