1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rashes all over body

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Binz85, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Binz85

Binz85 Silver IL'ite

My 2.5 yr old has rashes all over body since yesterday.Couldnt find the exact reason for it.But consulted the doctor and now applying calamine lotion.Can it be because of Johnson & Johnson bath lotion?.He had been using it for a long time in USA and now using indian version of it since 1 week back.But never faced the problem because of it. I cant find any other reason though.Anyway I stopped using it.
    Could it possible to get allergic to a particular product when there is no history of reaction to the same product?

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

What has the child eaten? Nut or fruit or lactose allergies might cause rAshes too.

3. Binz85

Binz85 Silver IL'ite

Food he ate all normal daily food only.No nuts.But gave apple and milk .Never had a problem there either.
    Why I suspect J&J because rashes are there where I used more bath lotion,mostly upper body-face,back,chest,under arms.Rashes are there in legs also but are less compared to other parts

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Binz, it could be the lotion. Mine is also allergic to J&J lotion. Have you given benadryl?

5. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hey Binz,

Did you go india recently.?
    If yes, this might be because of environmental change and exposure to dust. It should go away in couple of days.
    I was in India last Feb (my DD was 2.3 year then) and had got rashes all over the body. When I consulted Dr who was staying my society she also suggested me calamine lotion and said this is quite common with kids who come from other developed countries. As she mentioned, all rashesh went away in 2 weeks (I was also using J&J India products at that time and J&J usa product here