Any idea about Amniocentesis test ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by indumathy_77, May 21, 2008.

1. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hi Anooch,

First of all congrats on having twins. Hopefully Pmahensa has cleared your doubt.I too have twins and went through all the same things you are going through.Just pray and have faith.

I don’t feel your Doctors have clearly explained to you everything.In case of twins it is difficult to get clear readings, as one of the baby is usually on top of the other .In between 11<SUP>th</SUP> to 14<SUP>th</SUP> weeknuchal transulency test is done.They also check for the nasal bone and the blood test.These are not conclusive ,so then Amnio is done.Amnio is done usually after 15<SUP>th</SUP> week as the baby starts to urinate into the amniotic fluid and placenta takes full control.

My husband was not willing to go through this test but I wanted to.I was not ready to take the stress throughout my pregnancy.Everything will be fine.

Take care
    Priyanka

2. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi priyanka!
    thanks for the support.. i wasnt informed what they were doing to me..and after that they just called me and set up an genetic counselling and amnio appointment.. so i was a lot confused.. neway going thru all this is not easy... yeah i too dont want to get tensed through out the pregnancy bcoz i didnt take this test.. i got an appointment on july 17th... probably it will take a week or two to get the results... when is ur due or u already gave birth to them? take care bye
    anooch

3. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi priyanka,indu & pmahensa!<br>

i got my amnio results ... they are normal and the gender of the babies is male.. thanks to all of you for giving me the best support and suggestions...

thanks again<br>
    anooch

4. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anooch

After just reading the name of the thread I replied with the details that I know about the test but later read the whole thread & glad to know that ur tests turned out be normal.

My Hearty Congrats to u & take care of urself really well because with two babies u r going to be really busy.

Cheers
    Dhivya

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  5. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

<br>
    hi dhivya<br>
    thank you... since from yesterday only i feel like i am pregnant... all the tensions... got settled ! touch wood..hahahaha...
    <br>
    anooch

6. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

congrats anooch! that is really fab news on the amnio ... now rest and relax and enjoy the pregnancy! the 2nd trimester is the most comfortable so enjoy it as much as you can. take care, pooja

7. Radhikarao

Radhikarao New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    i am 23 weeks now.i was adviced to take an aminocentisis.....cause the ultrasound shows that the baby's left ventricle in brain measures high.i am scared of taking the test.i am thinking of going for another scan after 2 weeks and then based on the result i want to think abt the test.does anyone have any idea regarding....pls do guide me if u have any information that will help.
    Radhika

8. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Pooja! yeah now i am feeling relaxed and enjoying pregnancy. thank you.. take care<br>
    anooch

9. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

hi radhika!<br>
    i think u already have read the info.. our IL's posted for my and a few other's doubts.. it depends on the doctor too.. find out how experienced they are ... i took my test in princeton health care center(PHCS) with meena khandelwal. she will be there on thursday's i think... she is really good as far as i have known. Be strong and all our IL's support and prayers are there with you... i got relief and support after reading the posts here. take care..<br>
    anooch

10. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Amniocentesis

Hello,

Has anyone here had amniocentesis or know someone who had amniocentesis?

If yes, how was your / their experience?