1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aradhana

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Jun 17, 2008.

1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear devika mam,
    An excellent write up with a wonderful message.Definitely,we must not under estimate any one by their physical,mental conditions.But how many are actively coming up and taking such a bold decision is always a question mark?You have conveyed the realities of life in a simple manner.If sapna and ashok had not taken such a decision will they see a gifted aradhana??Sapna and ashok now appear as winners who faced the challenges of life boldly.

Thanks for sharing.....
    BC

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mol
    In your last story, 'The Adopted Vision', you had woven your tale around a socially relevant issue of eye donation. It was a moving story that was refreshingly different from the other stories on the same subject. Your narration was unique and strong and I have no doubt that quite a few who read that story would have decided to donate their eyes.

In Aradhana, you have brought under sharp focus the theme of adoption of a child. Quite a few story writers in the past have built their stories around this subject which were quite moving. But adoption of a deaf and mute child is indeed a poignant subject. The intense emotional upheaval that Sapna feels upon sighting Aradhana and the material objections of Sapna's husband to adopting a deaf and mute girl have been effectively brought out. The slow change of heart that Ashok feels for his adopted daughter is even more emotionally stirring than the initial feelings of Sapna for the girl.

Most of us talk very eloquently about helping physically challenged children but someone like Sapna who gives everything she has for a physically challenged girl can only be one in a million.

Thank you mole for a wonderful story
    Sri

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  3. sneha.sanghavi

sneha.sanghavi New IL'ite

Hi Devika,
    I don't know how to thank. U have posted such a wonderful post that I have no words to express my happiness.Bow

4. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Very nice Devika.

You bring out such important topics to the fore with your beautiful and thoughtful writing. Not just about adoption but about how all of us can use our senses in a good way. Which many times we don't.

For the later part, I can vouch with my life for how the other senses of the body sharpen and make up for a lost sense organ. I have seen it very closely in my life right from childhood. I have seen this person excel waaaay beyond any so-called able bodied person would. So yes, like Roopa says, many times it is the able bodied people like us who are disabled due to our limited thinking, sometimes due to the fear of failure or being ridiculed, sometimes because we try hard to just fit in .... a lot of reasons.

Keep up the nice writing Devika. I know I don't have to tell you this, it is second nature to you!
    SS

5. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Devika,
    I am sure you chose the name ARADHANA with a purpose! Great job! While reading your story, I felt I was Ashok's neightbour..peeping into thier house..such a lively description..

My eyes were wet to read that MA & Daddy were expressed by pure love minus words..The story touched my heart and hit the nomination for FP.

Keep up the good work!!

Regards
    USHA

6. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika..

That was another Gem of your Writing..... A Wonderful Narration dear....
    It was simply Superb....

Thanx for such a wonderful post...

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Priye Sakhi,
    Its another beautiful narration and an excellent theme from you.I was totally moved by your story on eye donation and now you have emphasised the need for adoption of a child - especially deaf and mute!
    Truely Devika, I was totally moved to tears when you i read these lines
    " Aradhana never uttered MA but Sapna heard it each time she looked at her. She never uttered DADDY but Ashok heard it every time he kissed her. Their hearts spoke and heard all they wanted to! They all communicated perfectly the language of love And the metamorphosis was wonderful ."

You have expressed the feelings of a mother and father in a very unique way.Sakhi,i'm so proud that you are an Ilite and may your writing for noble cause touch thousands of hearts in IL.
    Great words filled with expressions& love.
    Hats off to you.

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear DM,

That is a real great story and very touching...

You have pulled the emotional chords of all the readers, with your beautiful narration of the love and affection shared by the mother towards the girl...

Everybody has a talent within themselves... Especially physically challenged kids... Understanding their talent and bring it out and making them to excel in that is a great task... Moreover you need great patience and love to bring them up...

Great... Enjoyed it...

Veda

9. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Dear Devu,
    When all the literary maestros have given their valuable FBs what more can i write?You have once again created a magic spell with your writing.Your writings are always thought provoking &this time too it was not different.Keep up the good work dear.

love,
    ammu

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Loved your 'Mol"

I have been reading your FB again and again and believe me each time I read it the pleasure keeps multiplying.
    Im glad you liked the story.This is a Feed back Its a feeder, feeds me with a lot of motivation to do more.

Love is a beautiful emotion and the way things are going I hope and pray its rightly preserved before getting extinct.
    Love conquers ,Love helps resurrect !

I know you are a true worshipper of love and I can relate to the feelings youve described.

Yes Sir your wish is my command .If you ask me to write with a particular fervor,so shall it be.

Thankyou so much for the priceless motivaton Sir.

Love,
    Devika Mol