1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How your kids call you at home ... ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lahy15, Jun 13, 2008.

1. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Shine,

Ofcourse, there is nothing wrong in calling your own parents as you wish ... Thanks for sharing here friend ... :)

2. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Rajmi,

Even my son, when he was 3, was calling my father as 'Daddy' instead of 'Thatha' later he started calling him as 'Thatha' Big Laugh... It was fun when couldn't understand the words and relationship ... Thanks for sharing here Rajmi ...

3. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Poonam,

Nothing wrong in calling your parents as Mummy / Daddy dear ... We are just sharing that how our children are calling their parents ... Thanks for sharing here Poonam ... :)

4. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Hi

My Son calls me Amma at home.

However i dont know how he learnt to address me as Mommy when talking to his teachers.

Regards
    Vidya

5. DIGLOO

DIGLOO Guest

hi suni,
    nice topic..Even i used to feel the same way as you have said..
    my son is 3yrs.he talks good tamil.i was so keen from the beginning that he should call us amma and appa.all my friends are so amazed to see him talk tamil like this..he has made me so proud..he always tell "nenga enga veetuku vanga" when he sees or talks with anyone.
    .that too elders feel happy when their grandparents talk with them in their mother tongue.

6. kaybee

kaybee New IL'ite

Hi Suni,

Read your post about How our kids call us at home? My 10 year old son calls me mommy and his father daddy. we are bengalis...from Kolkata. I've never really thought about the issue of how or what my son calls me. I'm happy as long as he calls me Ma in some form or the other. for me the sentiment and love behind the term'ma' is what matters. a rose by any other name would still be as beautiful and sweet smelling.
    for me the attachment and love is more important than the term used to address. i'm not saying that i'm ok being called by my name by my son. but as long as the term he uses connotes motherhood...i'm ok. just because i called my mother - Ma and father - bapi - bengali terms; it doesn't mean that the next generation hs to follow it. as long as the respect and love is there...how does it matter what term he or she is using?

kanchana

7. sneha.sanghavi

sneha.sanghavi New IL'ite

Hi,
    Basically i am a marathi girl married to a gujju guy.
    I have a 1.5 yrs old girl. Though I do talk to her in gujju, I do sometimjes talk to her in marathi.
    Since she is familiar to gujju word more than marathi words, I was overjoyed :partyto the extent that i actually danced and kissed and hugged my baby when she called me aai (mummy in marathi):clap:yes::2thumbsup::lol:

It really feels different when something like this happens.

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi my dear sunitha

My son Krishna call us " Amma - appa" only.........and other relatives also athai, chitthi , mama etc.no aunty . uncle but he will call my friends aunty , uncle only......

and even my cousins in Melbourne........calll only " amma- appa, athai, pati" no mummu daddy and they will talk only in tamil in their house...stictly no ENGLISH...if they communicte in english - my chittappa wont answer them....

9. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

Hi ,
    Nice Topic.
    My Daughter Who Is 3 Yrs Old Calls Me Amma ,her Father As Nanna.
    But Now Days After Coming From School She Calls Me As Mommy ,may Be Because Of Her Friends I Think,because Mostly Mother\s Pick Up Kids...so No Change In Calling Her Father Which Is Nanna.

Cheers,
    Shashi.

10. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

Sorry for replying you late dear ... My hubby was sick and couldn't come online for 2 days ... Thanks for sharing here friend ... Bow... :)