August 2014 due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by puja1986, Nov 15, 2013.

1. uniquebee

uniquebee New IL'ite

@Redruby,Yamini,Ni****a - Congrats on the arrival of your LO :)

with God's grace, We are gifted with baby boy on august 16th. Normal delivery :) They induced pain as my due date was reached and there was a chance of fluid going below the normal level. He was born exactly on EDD. With 1 and 1/2 hrs of labour pain , he landed in to earth with just 2 push ups from me :). Though I had confidence of normal delivery as like other girls at peak of pain I also asked dr to do C section for me :) Actually its my family dr who did delivery for my mom ( for me and my bro ).. Dr was confident in normal delivery and also I had disc prolapse so dr suggested no csection and no epidural. As dr said it was just 5 mins he came in 2 nice push ups ..

Will keep you ppl posted about our LO day to day experience soon :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Nisitha

Nisitha Senior IL'ite

Thanks so much red ruby and uniquebee!!

Birth story: lost my mucus plug on thrusday 21st August . On Saturday I had spotting so I called up the on call doc as my doc was on vacation. On call doc said it's called bloody show and I can expect labor any time soon. By Saturday evening my bleeding increased so I went to the hospital the nurse checked me and said I wAs not at all dilated and sent me home. The whole night I had contractions but they were mild. On sunday I did the cooking and cleaning too and the contractions don't bother me much but by evening 7:30 or so they became very intense and they were 2 mins apart lasting for 1min on an average. I still thgt i was in the early stage of labor and there would be no dilation. But by 12 I couldn't manage the pain and went to the hospital directly and there I got to know that I was already 5 cms dilated. By the time I asked for an epidural I was 7 cms dilated. With in 1hr of epidural my water broke and I was 9 cms dilated and doc was happy to see my progress and said if it continues this way I can start pushing soon but god wanted me to wait for some more time and it took almost 3 hrs for me to dilate to 10cms and by 8:30 I started pushing. At 1:11 my prince came into this world. Pushing was the toughestphase in my whole pregnancy. My baby got stuck near my pubic bone and he could not come out. I got fever for pushing so long so the took me to the OR and game me 2 options either vacume suction or c section I wanted vaginal delivery for all the pain i went thru so opted vacume suction. He was born 7.9 lbs and his height is 19 3/4.

1 person likes this.
  3. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

congratz nisitha!!!
    hearty welcome to ur lil prince!!!

4. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Hope all of you are fine. Just wanted to update you guys on my beautiful journey called 'motherhood'.

Friends, this is the first time I am opening my laptop since the arrival of my little princess on 28[SUP]th[/SUP] Aug. Earlier I was always glued to my laptop. But now I don't even feel like opening it. I do access net from my cell phone. True prorieties change once you become a mom. Life becomes so meaningful and beautiful.

My pregnancy was normal and I was determined to have a normal delivery. My cramps started by 27[SUP]th[/SUP] Aug evening. It was mild, so I thought I still have time. By 11-12 in the night the pain increased. I prayed that somehow night should pass and by morning I will go to the hospital. I tried to sleep, but couldn't. Around 2 in the night the pain became unmanageable. I woke up my mom and told her we have to go the hospital. The doctor examined me and told that cervix is still very tight and I have loads of time. She sent me back home to take some rest. I came back, but couldn't sleep for a minute as my pain was increasing. Somehow I passed the night and by 9 in the morning I rushed back to the hospital. The doctor examined me again and told that I am only 2 cm dilated and asked me to wait. Still there was no progress till afternoon. I was groaning in pain by this time. By evening I had enough of the pain and my labour wasn't progressing. The doctor told me to wait but I couldn't endure the pain any longer and told her myself to perform a c section. My little darling was born at 7.23 pm. Still having slight pain around my incisions.

Holding her in my arms was the most rewarding experience of my life. Seeing her face and when she smiles in her sleep forgets me each and everything. I know all first time moms would be having the same feelings.

Do share ur feeding time and other details which could be help to all first time moms. My LO sleeps for 2-3 hrs, at times feeds for 15 min, at other times 5 min. Don't know why?

I wish all ur little ones a very healthy and happy life.

2 people like this.
  5. dhanvis

dhanvis New IL'ite

Hi all..
    i am blessed with baby girl on 29 th aug..didn't have time to update since then..thanks for ur prayers....

1 person likes this.
  6. Nisitha

Nisitha Senior IL'ite

Congrats dhanvis

7. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

so many nice birthstorys :) i was very happy to read all of you deliverd safely healthy babies :) may god bless all of you

2 people like this.
  8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wishing all August mommies!
    My LO decided to make an early entry and now close to 3 months old.

9. manjuni

manjuni Junior IL'ite

Hi Vasu

Hope the little one is doing great. I have just completed 18 weeks of pregnancy and doctor prescribed calcium and iron tablet to be taken in the night post my 13th week scan. She did not specify if I need to give any gap while taking this tablets. So far, I have been taking them together before going to bed.

But I read in Internet that they should not be taken together and atleast 2 hrs gap should be given. Can you help me with your views and experience on this.

Thanks.

10. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@Vasumathy how is your little one doing? Hope you both are fine