1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my husband doesn't buy me gifts

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sha2, Sep 5, 2014.

1. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

We go to the store together. I buy what I want and he pays for it...to the world, this was his gift for my birthday...Im happy with what I got and he doesnt care whether I call it a gift or not.

1 person likes this.
  2. pinky2014

pinky2014 New IL'ite

I have been married for 2 yrs now, my DH wishes me on Valentine's day, birthday , anniversary , but when it comes to surprise gifts he is zero. He will say if i buy something from my side and give you , you might not like it .So, please tell me what you want and come with me so that i can get it for you. :) :) And i am happy with it, we go together and get my gifts.. lol.. In all occasions he buys stuff for me and we decorate the home together and cut cake , take snaps and go out for lunch or dinner... :)

3. aarna123

aarna123 Bronze IL'ite

Sha2
    Even my husband doesn't buy anything for me if I say about it then he always excuse I don't understand what to buy.let's go together and u buy or choice.sometime u hv everything don't know what to give u etc.etc.
    But I always prepare something at every occasion.
    Don't know how to tell them that women like very much getting gift at every small, big occasion specially by him.

1 person likes this.
  4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

We women always like to receive gifts, especially surprise gifts. But majority of the men do not have that wave length. Those wives are lucky, whose husbands gift them with the remembrance of wives` birthday and other special occasions.
    MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS. Both are from different planets
    (different thinking patterns) and both give importance to different things.

5. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Oh weasly I'm ROFL!!! Yeah logic gaya tel bechne!!!

Op, most husbands are like this!!! Take him to your fav store and enjoy!!

1 person likes this.
  6. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I was like you in the first two years...emotionally asked him why he didnt gift me anything. At 9 in the night, made me sit in the car and got me a diary planner. After that he got much better and started buying perfumes, pearl necklace etc. Now I am begging him not to buy but he is so traumatized from my initial tantrums that he is scared not to buy anything. I have to swear to him that I have changed. Nowadays these special days don't interest me as much.

7. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Well my dh gets things for me whenever he travels and gifts me on those 3 days as well (either dinner or flowers). i gift him on his bday. One thing we do is to get funny cards for the occasion and stuck it under each's pillow at night. Next morning we both read and have a laugh.

Drum roll whenever your bday's near or anniversary or v-day. Tell him what you are missing and tell him explicitly wouldn't it be nice if someone gifted me that on this day?. Slowly he will be trained and get you the things you wanted as a gift. Remember unless you tell him what you are missing, he will never know and think you have everything and don't need anything. You need to gift as well on his bday.

8. roc

roc Senior IL'ite

My husband once bought me an iphone he ended up using.:rotfl
    Nowdays, I am happy he gives me the money to buy anything I want.

9. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

My husband once gave me a extremely expensive dress tht was too big for me n tht was the smallest size available! Jad to keep for dentimental value

10. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

First two anniversaries, we exchanged gifts. He surprises me for every valentines day with a personalised greeting card. But after lo is born, he says we have to concentrate on celebrating his bdays.he said- Lets stop the formality of gifting each other. But i like to give and recieve surprises. We settled on going for a movie and dinner for our special days. No big celebrations and gifting.