August 2014 due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by puja1986, Nov 15, 2013.

1. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

How is everyone else doing? Hope you all are fine

2. YaminiC

YaminiC Silver IL'ite

@ purpledream : thank u :) .... we named her Aadhya ....... getting slowly adjusted to this new phase ......

@redruby thank u :) .... how r u ? How is ur baby doing ?

2 people like this.
  3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@YaminiC:nice name :) im quite busy, she is using me since two days as a pacifier :bonk have to wright down a sort of diary to track our feeding habbits and how are you doing? How is breastfeeding working for you both?

4. YaminiC

YaminiC Silver IL'ite

@redruby : thank u :) breastfeeding became really a big headache for me for 1st 4 days ..... my baby is good at latching if I use nipple shield but its hurting me alot because of the pressure while sucking so I am pumping milk ..... using both breast milk and formula coz I am only getting 200 ml per day .... having lots of milk, bread and fenugreek seeds still my milk is not sufficient for her :-(

5. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,I was part of Sep due date, but almighty blessed us with sweet little angel on 28 Aug.Its such a wonderful feeling. Will tell u more when i reach home.

3 people like this.
  6. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

Congratz shama:party
    final awaited sleepless nights have arrived!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

@yamini
    nice name dear!!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Nisitha

Nisitha Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    Happy to announce the arrival of our prince on the 25 th August . Still trying to get to know him and his needs will update the birth story and his daily routine soon. It was a normal delivery.

2 people like this.
  9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

hi YaminiC, bf was a headache for me too, it startet in hospital that i got confused by all these different opinions and suggestions and afraid that i dont have enough milk. I consultet last week a la leche league counsellor lady and visited first group meeting of breast feeding moms,that helped me a lot! The most important thing they told was to trust in yourself and be confident and optimistic.Your body provides everything your baby needs, beliefe in yourself and your body, dont lose trust in your body, the crazy it sounds but it makes a huge difference.
    I talked yesterday to a very experienced doctor whom told she is mother of two girls as well. She informed me that the mind of a mother while breastfeeding is so important that if a mother consulted her for medicines to stop lactating she knew and even told they wont need to take as the thought of stopping to lactate will already itself do the job..it usually turned out to be right. )I mean to say dont think like i dont have enoughmilk, try to think and imagine lots of milk in your breasts.

i would sugest:

• check frequently the weight gain of baby, if its good then dont worry about feeding
    • check on amount of nappies (4 to 6 is great)
    • Is your doc offering laser for nipples? check on practices who offer ( is there white spots on or cracks?)
    • let your nipples air dry as often as possible, you can use lanolin cream and let always some drops on milk dry on them ( i ALWAYS do that religiously and never had problems so far)
    • contact la leche league lady its incouraging a lot :)
    • try to stop worrying and think positive
    • actually i got the information that laleche league is advising not to use formula as every mother if not real medical reason is able to provide ev erything a mother needs, so pumping to get your nipples used to the sucking and keep on letting latche on is great as the more stimulation the more milk will come
    • did you think about letting your LO first drink some pumped milk and then give breast as the worst hunger will already be gone so the sucking might be bit less??? Just a thought
    • If its hurting too much use the shields but try in between without too maybe similar strategy then with the pumping?? I stopped using them last week as mine was sucking too much air with them and they really botherd me but if your having pain they are great

not sure if any of these is helping you but really hope as i know by heart how much it worries a mom to be insecure about breastfeeding

1 person likes this.
  10. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@Shama and Nisitha congratz and all the best wishes for you and your LO´s enjoy those great days the fullest

1 person likes this.