1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Nidhi2014

Nidhi2014 Silver IL'ite

Hi Laks!

wow..you have so much patience in terms of losing weight consistently..I am so happy to post here on this forum..thank you so much for the help! What I will do now is look into what I eat, fill my plate with salad, and dal mostly, n lil roti or rice. I have seen my baby doesn't do well when I eat besan or chana dal or chhole. So for protein I wud have eggs or home made low fat paneer and milk.
    I will also walk at my own pace without looking into how many calories I burn.. My pain is coming from a condition called as Symphysis pubic disorder..it's mild and happens only when I brisk walk.. and it causes pain in upper inner thighs mainly tightening pain. This needs physiotherapy. My condition is not officially diagnosed but I started having it in 8th month of pregnancy and it has not gone away. I will get get it diagnosed and get prescription for physio. Let's see I think I have diet as major channel to lose weight and activity level will depend on my health condition.

Shiva!
    I read your blogs..awesome!! Before and after pics!! You have written nice articles, I was reading them since yesterday..really inspirational.

Thanks!
    nidhi

1 person likes this.
  2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanvy,

Nice to see you too babes. How are you?? P is fine...but extremely naughty now :).

Hugs and love to you

regards

1 person likes this.
  3. shivachoubey

Dear Nidhi,

Thanks for liking my blog.

It took few months to get back my lost stamina. I did not experience any such pain but my stamina was all gone. I used to walk on treadmill on moderate speed. Idea was to get in the activity and to slowly build the stamina for 45 minutes workout.

I used to eat multigrain/mixed veggie roties. You need to alter your diet as per how your baby reacts to certain foods. I used to keep mixed veg roties for night time hunger. I usually used to feel hungry after breastfeeding around 3-4 am, so I used to have one mixed veg roti. You can grate carrots/bottle gourd and add them in flour to make such roties.

Above was my diet (taken from the blog post). My breakfast used to be heavy with egg/avacado sandwich. In addition to my lunch and dinner I used to have additional two roties in evening. My main meals were usually dalia with veggies and dhal. I also used to eat lots of salad and sprouts to curb my hunger pangs.

If you feel hungry at night, then have 1 roti and sabji. I would recommend eating a fruit but from my experience this small meal of roti and sabji was far more satisfying and kept the hunger at bay for few hours. You can also try green papaya paratha(search the recipe on google). It is very healthy and filling.

All the best for your weight loss.

regards

2 people like this.
  4. Nidhi2014

Nidhi2014 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Shiva! It wud take a bit for me to read through your blogs and recipes :) awesome..I was planning to hire an indian dietician but I think I can do it myself with the help of your suggestions and blogposts.

Today was my weight day..I weigh 83 kgs now, I was stuck at 84.4 for 4 weeks.. But this past 2 weeks maybe I was careful with my diet and I also have started walking, not regularly..so next two weeks, my goal is :

1. Eat small healthy meals after every 2 hrs.
    2. No junk at all and with evening tea maybe have a bread toast with sabji or handful of peanuts
    3. Bowl of dal + veggies as main meal along with a side of small roti/ 3 spoons rice for lunch and no side dish of carbs for dinner..have salad and raita if needed for dinner.

My LO is 3 months now and just 2 days back started spitting milk after every feed. Let's see how it goes today, last night he was ok..so I need to still keep on experimenting what he likes and what not..I am thinking nighttime milk does not suit him..if that's the case, then as Shiva suggested, I will have one roti and sabji for night hunger.

walk everyday for 45 min at moderate pace and maybe on Sundays start brisk walk..I hope I don't get my SPD aggravated..

thanks!
    regards
    Nidhi

2 people like this.
  5. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Hi Shiva ,
    I read through your thread .Its so inspirational and informative.
    Nice to see you back.

1 person likes this.
  6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva,Shanvy

Just dropping in to say hi after a long time. Had been on vacation for a month and now back to routine.

1 person likes this.
  7. shivachoubey

Hi Pman,

Nice to hear from you girl. I am sure you had a blast on your vacation.

Love

8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Good to hear from you. After losing weight and maintaining it Im enjoying the benefits of good health than people's reactions. I do feel good about being able to help others.

I want to try something new and exciting fitness related now. Please give me ideas dear. I want to tone up. Im correct weight now but always not in the lower range.

9. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

Hi shiva
    i read your blog and most of this thread. Its so inspirational and i really like the way you explain everything in so detail. I have lost almost 5 kgs by following few of your ideas. My starting wt was 55.5 kg
    prepregnacy wt- 46 kg ( target now)
    1 year after delivery i.e aug 15- 50.3 kgs
    iam going to hostel in september for studying , leaving my lo with mom. And i will stop breastfeeding also. My problem is i have to study for almost 12-15 hrs daily so sitting for long time, eating hostel food and also getting hungry due to more study may lead to weight gain again. Please help how to atleast maintain this wt if not reducing.
    Thanks in advance

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The naughty threes I am sure he is adorable and both of you are loving it. Time flies and he will be in school enjoy it.

Pman missed you. I am sure you had a blast. These days not working at all. Only eating right. I moved to diff. Part of the city for kids sake. No proper space. Only moderate walking. You would have vowed all with your transformation. I have lost inches.the other my dad was tearing up"mom!please don't lose anymore. You look so small and earlier I could not hold you around the waist completely with two hands and now it is just one and half. " so something is right. Maintaining it is difficult but I am hell bent on that.

Welcome back

3 people like this.