August 2014 due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by puja1986, Nov 15, 2013.

1. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Not sure about it as relatives in India told me its already when head is out..... thats why im confused as it seems opinion differs, some say head out some say full body out and i wonderd if people judge so differently how could it be they will get accurate horoscope? I have actually no clue how the do in other countries as i never talked to foreigners about it, dont they do just for insurance and official papers but not for horoscope in western countries?

2. Nisitha

Nisitha Senior IL'ite

@redruby,

i think birth time is calculated when the baby completely comes out. and according to that time horoscope is prepared. anyways ur nurse will let u know the time. depending on the location the baby birth star will be different. so its better u go to indian temple in ur area and ask the pandit about the star. if u give him the birth time he will tell u the star. thats what we are planning to do.

hi all,

had my internal checkup and group strep b test too. test was not at all painful but the internal checkup was. doc tried using 2 fingers but i couldnt bare the pain so she use 1 finger to check for dilation. doc said i dint dilate at all but the area is soft. according to the doc i still have atleast a couple of weeks time. from now i am going to have internal checkup every week.

how r u all doing? Wat are ur updates?

1 person likes this.
  3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nisitha, thanks for confirming again :) really helps clarifying :) i already had a look at the nearest temple and planned to call them right after birth, i wished to have naming ceremony there too but problem is next temple is bit away as we live sort of outside so not sure if it will work out or not, but i will atleast talk to them over phone :)

Can imagine it pained you, the last internal checkup where they did the stripping was so bad :( :( i think it depends a bit on the doctor too and what they exactly check on, it seems that they need to be bit carefull with cervix specially when its not dilated as in our cases...did you bleed too? I think i stopped bleeding now. But its really good sign your cervix is already soft :) Try to not be afraid of next check up, the more we are afraid the more stiff we get the more it will pain... doc asked me to keep on breathing and try to relax, she was right even its difficult.
    Which week are you now? Sorry i forgot im so bad in remembering any numbers :(

4. Priya123

Priya123 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies ,

How r u all... My due date is around August 8th to 12th... Going impatient nowadays...

babies movement is more during night times:(

Doctor said she will see if i get normal labour pain before 12th. else she will do a scanning and might indiuce... M waiting and hope for everything to happen normal way..

Any updates?

Thanks,
    Priya

5. uniquebee

uniquebee New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

For me too baby's kicks at night are more ... if i try to laydown for a while at day time then also it awakes and starts kicking :)

I had internal examination on saturday and dr...baby's head is turning down..but its not fixed ..

6. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone, my update is that i will be admittet to hospital tomorrow morning for induction (natural contradiction cocktail made off castor oil, champaign and mashed almonds) if not working gel with prostaglandin if not working maybe pills with prostaglandin or oxytocin drop or right away a c-sec as they told again its gonna be tricky as baby is big and pelvis not moreover spd issue.. worse is i have no chance to get epidural and they already told delivery will be more painfull due to spd and now they said will be hard due to baby weight... and no epidural... :( .... im depressed now :( and afraid to be honest :( if its c-sec it will be with general anaesthesia they informed :( nothing else possible... I try to cook the eggplant parmesan dish now and thought about trying a glass of champaign with it even as im now getting really stressed out and scared about the thought of all they wanna try as they have lower hopes...please keep fingers crossed

Hope everyone else is fine

btw. no internal examination today but baby is healthy and fine heartbeat is perfect

7. Nisitha

Nisitha Senior IL'ite

@priya

all the best priya.dont worry everything will go as u planned. i was asked to walk a lot as it helps in dilation and normal delivery so try doing that.for me my baby is bz all day. he is active at nights too but not as its in the morning. i hope he will sleep all night long and be active int he morning.

@uniquebee

gud to know that baby is in head down position.even for me baby is in head down position but doc dint tell me if its fixed or not

@redruby

all the best redruby. will surely pray for u. dont get tensed. no matter how much pain we go thru, we want our babies to be healthy. will be waiting to hear the gud news from u. do post ur updates when every u get time.

my updates

had my baby shower this sunday. enjoyed a lot with all frnz and family. as of today i am 37 weeks 4days. i have my appointment today. i am going to have an internal exam today too. my group strep b test came normal, i dont have to take any antibiotics at the time of labor. i am just waiting to hold my baby ASAP. i am getting very anxious day by day. are u all feeling the same .

1 person likes this.
  8. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

hi all, :wave

First of all best of luck to all the Aug moms. may all of you have a smooth delivery.

I was part of the Sep due date club. My due date was 6th Sep. But had my ultrasound yesterday and doc gave the EDD on 30th Aug. Don't know when it will actually take place. :confused2:

I m in my 37th week. baby's head lying down, but don't know fixed or not. Weight is approx 2.7 kg and heart beat 135. My third trimester is going pretty smooth ( first trimester was awful), except having trouble sleeping and turning sides. I feel my tummy very heavy and tight.

Redruby: Don't panic, everything will be fine. Some do deliver at 42 weeks.

May God help all of us and wish u all a very healthy delivery.

Take care. bie1

Shama.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Nisitha

Nisitha Senior IL'ite

hi all,

how r u all doing, i went for my weekly checkup y/d. my doc tried checking the cervix but she was not successful as baby's head was low and covering the cervix it seems . if at all she wants to check she should go under the baby's head which was very painful for me. so she stopped so i dont know if i dilated or not. my doc is on vacation from 23rd to 31st aug so i hope i will have my baby before. she wants to wait till 31st aug if i dont delivery by then she is told me book for induction. mean while between 23rd to 31st i will also have a non-stress test. if everything is going fine then they will wait or i will deliver without my doc.

10. dhanvis

dhanvis New IL'ite

Hi all...I had my check up yesterday and doc said to come if pain comes or else after 2 weeks..
    everything seems to be normal..she just said it will be better if baby is 3-3.5kg for my weight .As baby is only 2.6 kg only.did u guys go to any antenatal classes..I couldn't go to any of those..
    rest everything fine..except pain sometimes in groin area...
    hope all of u are doing good...prayers and hugs to all ladies out there