1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddies from 2012

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Jan 2, 2012.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Aug 2:

Food - Normal
    Junk - Parle G, pizza & bread sticks :)
    Workout - Arm ex (along with my hubby who gives the best gym company ever!)

Aug 3:
    Food - Normal
    Junk - Parle G biscuits
    Workout - Planning for a 30 mins walk lets see how it goes :)

The best part is, I'm still maintaining my lost weight.

I'll be back on track from Monday!

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hello dear ladies,
    Manali, sri, anitha, cv a d the rest,
    sorry ladies have been MIA too much happening just recovering from chest congestion, the medication has been heavy so weakness. i started gym last week went on monday and my trainer told me to start this week as i was weak. so starting again from today but i can feel a big difference in my jeans its falling now and i have to keep on pulling it up every now and then i can feel weight loss on my thighs and hips so my works outs have been helping. so from today till the 24 august i will workout at the gym except from this thursday till sunday am n a conference then on the 26th August i leave for my training to japan.
    Anitha you doing good. i know my weight loss will happen but its taking time and also i had no motivation but now am back with a bang.
    Manali dear take it easy as i said i want to run with you one day in the open. Come to Nairobi i will take you running in the open. You know that kenyans are know for their running in marathons and olyumpics. Manali missed you dear
    Sri my dear, how are you.
    CV how are you
    love to all
    alpahugsmiley

5 people like this.
  3. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Take care Alpa. Get completely better before you leave for Japan. How long is your training? Should be fun!

I am doing good Alpa. Will write to you soon.

1 person likes this.
  4. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

@alpa: take care....hope you feel better soon!

I wish i could come to Kenya! I'm sure it's beautiful...maybe someday..who knows :)

1 person likes this.
  5. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

my update

4th Aug: 3 mile morning walk...more of leisure walk

2 people like this.
  6. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

@Hi Alpa,
    Long Long time, no talks dear...
    As like CV told, get yourself better before your travel. I am very much glad that you are flying to Japan for training. Remember... you were waiting for this opportunity before!
    Get some traditional photos there and upload for us!

Wow! Look at you! You already felt your pants are loose. This feeling itself is a great victory. Dont worry about the scale dear...
    Let us know about your gym routine for this week! With no fail by this week end.ok?

I enjoy your virtual working out with Manali in Kenya!
    I wish to come there too once... I may not run like you girls, but felt very good about picturing us hanging out and doing exercises of our type!
    May be 'IL's friends hang out day?
    Me, doing yoga in your garden and kick boxing with you and Manaligigglingsmiley
    Fun right? hugsmiley

Dont ask about me dear...Last month was so worse for me with respect to weight loss. I re gained all the hard lost 5 pounds and working again to lose that.
    Other than that, taking pain management steps, going to therapy sections to cope with neck and back pains... getting better slowly...
    Enjoying summer break with kids. Full busy though.
    I miss something badly in my home thread if you are not here ALPA!

No matter what happens, just come and drop few lines and say Hi my dear friends!
    My sincere request to all my dear and near IL friends!
    My mind starts to rise questions as if I did n't see my family for a while.

1 person likes this.
  7. AnithaPartha

Aug 4

Food:
    Breakfast - 1 honey wheat bread, 1 cup bournvita (1/4 tsp brown sugar) & 1 big glass of smoothie
    (1 banana, 1 apple, few blueberries, few blackberries, added few pomegranate seeds. No sugar. No milk)
    Lunch - roti, brown rice, curry, cabbage, 1 boiled egg & yogurt
    Dinner - chapathi with cauliflower subji & 1 cup bournvita (1/4 tsp brown sugar)

Workout:
    Climbing stairs at home
    Floor ex - Arm circles, Lateral lifts, military press, bicep curls, triceps overhead extension with 3 lb weights
    Treadmill - 60 mins (in inclined mode)
    Burnt 345 calories. 3 miles completed.

Overall, a great day :thumbsup

8. AnithaPartha

Alpa,

Thank you. I'm sure you can lose the gained weight soon. I'm going through the same thing right now. I lose and reach my current month goal wt, then again I gain a little and workout to reduce and maintain then work on my next month goal :)

Weight loss / maintenance is going to be my lifetime challenge :thumbsup.

I wish I could run and do yoga with you and Sridevi as I love group workouts. Currently, I've 2 friends for workout sessions in our gym. Currently, working actively to be fit !

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Manali,
    you are more than welcome to come to kenya whenever you feel like and we can go and do the safari together as well. one of my IL friend was here in July with here family and they really enjoyed this is the 3IL friend who has come to Kenya and we had fun. Whenver you are planning to come let me know via email and you can stay with me.
    how are you doing? hope you well dear.
    love
    alpahugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Sri,
    I know you have been missing me . so much happening on my side. From yesterday i was back at the gym, i did a good work out that my trainer had planned. i did legs and abs and it was fun. today is total one hour cardio and its going to be hard. Actually i realised cardio helps you to lose weight fast. so do intense cardio and it will work.
    Sri not to worry about the 5 pounds gained you will lose it. You are very welcome to come to Nairobi any time, if you come via india the ticket is much cheaper and also once you plan to come we can plan a safari together.
    Take the day as it comes do not think much.
    love
    alpahugsmiley