1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I want to reveal something about my life. I was molested by 3 ppl. I need support, ad

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by lalitha mansukh, Jul 11, 2014.

1. lalitha mansukh

lalitha mansukh New IL'ite

Re: I want to reveal something about my life. I was molested by 3 ppl. I need support

Thank you chennai express I really don't want to tell.him too. It's so pointless to let him know now except for my own guilt so he can make me understand why the abuse was not because of the affairs

Free spirit I am trying my best. I know this sounds like justification and maybe it is which is wrong to do but I really want to understand in my heart that the 2 affairs were not something I did on purpose to trouble my parents. I keep thinking how could I hurt them like that and that's why they never forgave me
    I keep feeling very bad since some days
    I want to feel free i want to understand that my mistakes were those of a dumb teenager and that once I became sensible at 20-21 I did everything then on that a sensible person does. Got married to someone they liked, kept asking for their well being visiting etc never gave them a chance to feel bad bcoz of me or bring my initial problems with my inlaws or husband (minor problems) home to complain never wanted their money nothing that would make them sad.my 2 brothers were looking for girls to marry and I never went out of way to help them and maybe that's something I shud have done i don't know i never felt like helping maybe it was my mom's lack.of love of their lack of love.

Somebody asked.me why I expected anything from my brothers for some reason I excused the abuse by my brother being that I was 10 and the brother was 13 and then again I was 13 and my other brother was 16-17 when it happened

I.mean I am.sayjng my teenage blunders shud be forgiven then I shud forgive what they did too.right?

I wish some more posters would explain all this to me talk to.me like an old friend like how red ruby has done please please delve into my life and help me i need your help.more than any other time now.

I know I should forget the past and move on but I need help with the false guilt about the teenage years

Thank you for the responses please let help.me.more people I am on the verge of giving up my life.

2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Re: I want to reveal something about my life. I was molested by 3 ppl. I need support

The thing that helps me is writing. I wanted to write Blog posts on IL, but was advised to post on Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)- IndusLadies

Because throughout the day you may have a certain thought and relate it to other observations, and you can write about it. Sometimes you get many responses, sometimes none.

Writing with help you and others on IL "delving into your life" as much as you are comfortable with to help you heal from the past

Pretty soon I will participate in a local Toastmasters ..... these topics should be on a positive note .... soon you will see that God has many wonderful people and new friends to be in your life --- that will help you to release the baggage of the past.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. lalitha mansukh

My problem really is the kindness that they showed when they could have been really meaner to.me. I think about aarushi I am sure you all know about this case where the parents killed their girl. Why didn't mine do something like that when they too belonged to a conservative family.
    I betrayed them twice and still they put me thru college and didn't get me married to any Tom dick and Harry

My point is they have been such bad parents to me recently their selfishness is shocking so how come they behaved normal at the time.

What changed them so much.

4. malinijamaica

malinijamaica Senior IL'ite

“When you go through a hard period,
    When everything seems to oppose you,
    ... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
    NEVER GIVE UP!
    Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
    ― Rumi, The Essential Rumi
    You have gone through a phase, it's time for a next greener and brighter one.you have something beautiful ahead to look onto, your daughter and her bringing up. Make sure you give your best and you will. Forget and forgive- if that's difficult now give time. Use the present precious time for yourself and your kid, you will never get this wonderful time. Your baby is growing, see it, love it and grow with it, because soon you will miss this phase.
    You can't change anything from your past, but, I believe you can change your present.Even I have passed your phase with my narcissistic mother & I see it like this. There are many more mothers worst than ours. Believe me when I say that, you know many actresses who have been pushed into acting and what not by their own mothers. You are atleast better off. And coming to your guilt, you have realized it already, it's not your fault, so why blame yourself for it? Take time, do what you enjoy. Don't stress, it will have a bigger impact on your health later. Thinking so much about your past, you will destroy your future, because at this rate your health will take a toll. Love your present. Please start loving yourself, which you would have never done until now, since you would have no time thinking about your mom and your brothers.

1 person likes this.
  5. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, forgive them, will that give you peace of mind then? You badly need to see a counsellor lady.

6. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Honestly I have gone through bouts of depression and anger, and that is what created my current situation now, with an abusive, unfaithful husband who married only for greencard.

For the past week, sad, angry and depressive thoughts have come into my mind with full force, only difference is now when I catch myself feeling this I say outloud or under my breath (so no one can hear me)

"Listen devil, God is much bigger than you and he is doing wonderful things for me right now, and I am receiving them. You are threatened by this and that is why you are attacking me so hard with sad and angry thoughts, because you know God is always Victorious and we are his children and you are just a coward. Now get back under my feet where you belong."

I find myself doing this several times a day, and I eventually feel better.

There is always war between good and evil inside of us ...... Good always wins!!!!

Please try this exercise. Thoughts and words have creative power. It takes years, but believe me, they have creative power!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. lalitha mansukh

Thank you for the support.

Actually I do understand all the bull**** they have done. And now they are troubling my brother and his wife a lot as well.

I want to share one more thing. I never helped them get my brothers married even when I could have. I could have really. They were searching for arranged marriage proposals for them but for some reason I never helped out. I don't know the reason maybe I was not in a mood to help my abusers maybe the treatment my mom gave me as a third class person made me not want to or i was jealous. I was never attracted like I said to my husband but loved him later maybe that was the reason I resented helping them find beautiful brides for my brothers. Once i almost gave a contact to them and then backed off
    They understood my mom knew and would tell my brothers I am jealous that's why I don't help them

Does this make me a bad person and bad daughter ?

8. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Lalitha, it would have make you a bad daughter if you would have used the opportunity to take revenge on your abusers but you stayed out of it, been totally even-handedly, not towards good neither to bad side. This is the best a person can do when not feeling helping someone out. If there are burried feelings and secrets of hurt and betrayal between people it can even uncontious come in the way, you dont even need to recognise that you did something out of that reason but it CAN happen.. so its best to stay out and just wish for good for the other, thats it. Be happy you did this way, you neither showed disrespect or tried to hurt anyone which makes you a good person - actually a better person then the abuser - because it takes a lot of strength to not hit back on the abuser. On the other side i understood they are your brothers you wished yourself you could have helped and supportet. But it wasnt possible that time. So let it be and make it past. Their marriage is not your job btw. They are your brothers not your son.
    i too read this you dont understand really that your parent didnt harm you as you are from conservative backround. Being conservative has no relation to intentionally harm someone in such a cruel way for some missbehavior even we are feeling hurt by it.
    One more thing... you said you havent been attracted to your husband.. let me tell you this one.. its not really the most important thing to be highly attracted as long we are "fine" with the looks the other has, means we are not driven away from them or discusted etc. .. that would be really bad. But if its just not falling head over heels in love with the appearence of a man it doesnt matter as what really counts and what you get old with is the character.. i feel my self that if i like someone that person automatically gets more and more beautiful to me but if i think sometimes in the first moment that someone is a pritty person and then i get to know them better if they are bad in heart their outer beauty dissapears.. i dont know how it happens but its like that... So i hope that the beauty of your husband increased day by day and you feel now really happy if you look at him :)

I liked the tip to write here in snippets of life section, good suggestion i think. And i too agree that you might consider to talk to a counsellor. I dont mean at all that you have some sort of issue yourself!! Dont think that. All i mean to say is that it can help a lot to talk to someone frequently about this deep things because we usually dont reveal them in daily routine, and this person is professional and can give such great advices and is really aware of all sort of situations :)

Anywhays whatever you do, please try to stop feeling guilty :) its not worth it.

I too beliefe like ChennaiExpress in the power of thoughts :) you can try to use positive affirmations :) write your own set of them and keep on reading them to yourself, it sounds weird but it really helps :)

@ChennaiExpress: really like the prayer you speak to yourself

9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

PLEASE pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaase Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaase please stop asking this question!!!! Dont DO NOT EVER allow any other person to devine who or what you are!!!!!!!!! It is only you YOU and no one else who defines yourself and judges what or how you are!!! You are unhappy with an action of yours? Appologise and forgive yourself, walk on. You are unhappy with a habbit or anything else? Try to improve and change it to the positive and make yourself be happy with you :) but dont change yourself for others!

We here in IL can tell you constantly the next couple of days you are NOT a bad daughter or a bad person! But whats the use if you dont beliefe and feel it yourself???? At the end of the day its not important what we think but what YOU FEEL!!!!

So take care about your feelings like you groom yourself groom your heart and like you take care of a beautiful garden to not let an overgrown jungle like garden
    become out of it take care of your soul... water it, let the sun shine on it and nourish it so it will grow into all its beauty...

10. lalitha mansukh

Thank you red ruby and everyone that's helping me. It's such a complicated situation for me.
    Red ruby your statement about how I was neutral.no harm and no help is exactly how I felt. To be very honest I did have some pangs of jealousy if the girls they looked at were beautiful or more educated but now i look back and it was probably because of how they looked down upon me.

My problem is I have very little memories from my childhood. I remember about the sexual abuse. I remember being more interested in movies and magazine rather than studies. I remember being the quiet shy girl who was very withdrawn and didn't open my mouth in front of my own dad I used to whisper what I wanted to say to my mom's ears. Like seriously I used to do that for so long probably until 8th or 9th std and even after that I was so quiet and hated school had no real friends.

I rebeled when i turned 16 and went to college but it was sneaky rather than all out. Probably all I needed was attention somebody to acknowledge my presence too. I used to be called gungi (mute) by relatives.
    I don't know what was going on.

I do remember other things too that I was given an ac in my room and no other room had an ac except my parents that time.
    My mom saw me in sweat one morning and told dad to get an ac for me as well. My brothers were refused one.

I also know they gave me changes opportunities after my being a rebel or whatever the wrongs I did.
    I remember I was not allowed to ever wear a pair of jeans again after they thought I am going out of line always salwar kameez.
    I recall how when I became 16 stopped going to school in uniform my mom learned designing and would design awesome stylish clothes for me. I have always felt her comments as jealous of me so how come she was making me look nicer in those clothes. It's all such a confusion. Even after I rebeled and then went to a Muslim college she was happy that I might fight a Muslim guy there and settle be out of the house soon maybe that's what she thought she told me clearly I shoukd look for someone there and she would make me the nicest clothes there as well.
    She also allowed me to make friends come home late sometimes and participate in college fashion shows etc.

It just all makes me wonder what is true and what is false.

My husband talks like you are explaining.
    According to him they r my parents and we cannot deny they had some love for me. Out of love they did good things but the bad things they did no parent will do. He says when i stood up for.myself they almost killed me by fighting with me when I had just delivered. When it came to their comforts they always chose themselves.
    He says many of the things I.get confused about they did for themselves their own status and hobby too. Making me clothes it was designing was my mom's passion too and putting me in college was about their status and societal pressure too. What did they eventually do when no one was watching though.
    I go back in time looking for how I troubled them and did they trouble me and he says since 12 years almost of marriage and what he has seen is they have abused me in some way and I have been going after them buttering them up so they treat me well so in the last 12 years I have done nothing to make them sad. In fact I married the right guy and managed my home fine never complaining even if I ever had problems so..
    He's like I don't know what you are guilty about but even if you were the worst daughter 12 years back you need to see how u have been now in the last 12 years and even then what you got.

I love him a lot now that attraction thing I am so glad I didn't bother and went ahead and married bcoz for me he's the most beautiful person on earth today.

Thank u for the kind support

Honestly the day I understand they are sick narcisistic abusers that care only for themselves is when I will be free

Thank you