1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how i wished for you to have a baby boy !!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by gorgeous23, Mar 5, 2013.

1. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Silver IL'ite

Hi Gorgeous,

I have read an article about Saina Nehwal(badminton champion) also faced same kind of issue in her life through her own Granny and still she is not in good terms with her ...But Saina wanted to prove her wrong and she made it.:wow.so your girls(angels) will also show these creatures how valuable they are..Dont take anything to heart and raise the sweet girls with pride...:party

1 person likes this.
  2. pickles

pickles Bronze IL'ite

I wanted a boy too, but for other reasons than the usual Indian society reasons..
    One is that I was a complete tomboy growing up. I would rather play football than dolls. I would rather wear shorts than skirts. So I felt having a boy I would have a better bond with my child.
    Now that I have a girl, the other reason is I am already worried about her future!
    When I read posts about Mil/Fil issues, I pray she doesnt have to go through any of it.
    On the other hand, if I had a boy, I know I would be a good Mil, who would stay close but not in same house as my son, and being a non-interfering person would make things easy going.
    But I guess each has own destiny. I am enjoying my time with my girl and hope the next-gen of in-laws are better :)
    In fact now I would actually like to have a second girl, I think a sister relationship is awesome, something that I longed for..

2 people like this.
  3. nikitamjain

nikitamjain Silver IL'ite

My parents have just 2 daughters - me being the elder one. Both my sister and i are married. My parents got us both married, already helped us through our deliveries as well. Now they are all alone except for each other. But they are happy, because their children, girls, are happy. Ups and downs are everywhere of course, and sons are not always happy being with parents, nor are girls a burden. Life is the way you take it and your attitude towards it. There is no guarantee for anything in life, and a son cannot guarantee happiness just like a daughter does not mean lifelong sorrow.

Its all in the mind. Your kids will be the way you raise them, and their destiny. About people, as soon as they give unwanted advice and comments, point it out - "Did i tell u i am unhappy with daughters? My daughters are great and i love them, i don't need anything more in life! And i don't need a son for old age or my last rites - my daughters can do it all the same and even if they cannot i don't really care."

Be confident in your answer and the same people will shut their mouths in front of you next time.
    Cheers to womanhood!

3 people like this.
  4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Its high time people get over this $hit....otherwise the only people left will be sons and their moms and they will too soon run out....

Moms of girls.(inc. me)...dont worry, the women are only getting stronger,,,

7 people like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

As a mom to twin girls..I feel I am extraordinarily lucky!!

Honestly,when we heard the news me and my dh we were feeling on top of the world!
    My dh used to say "u better give me a girl" ha ha

I am telling u boys or girls these days are equal!both r earning and both r capable..

Infact girls r more expressive and communicative! hence, bonding is more for gals with their parents!that is an undeniable fact!

Also,parents of gals know their daughter is going to go to hubbys home someday.hence,they r devoid of possessive nature and not many inlaws fights..u might have heard MIL and DIL fight lot more than MIL and SIL fight:))

Girls these days r matured and support their parents crazy! This is another fact.u must have heard,u must have seen in ur own eyes..

cost of bringing up is the same these days! boys spend on gadgets,clothes shoes etc etc..

parents of girls and boys have to be scared of predators these days! coz it is not like only girls r molested..

finally,who cares what happens to ur body once u r dead????lol.
    u do not even know for sure if there is a rebirth in the first place! even if there is,if u r a good person only good things will happen to u!

So quit worrying and start living!

3 people like this.
  6. JustLikeYou

JustLikeYou Gold IL'ite

Growing up, it was hard for me to understand why girls are unwanted because of being a single girl child. My parents opted not to have more children. So did my mom's sis. My dad's elder sister has three boys and his elder brother has two girls. My Grandma used to feel sorry for her daughter because all the three are boys and there is no one to understand her daughter. She wished God had swapped his boy's daughter with her girl's son. She actually loved her daughters more than her boys.
    I have a 14 month old daughter and I am pregnant and would like to have another daughter because I feel I am closer to my cousin sisters than to my cousin brothers. Basically, my thought process is the same gender stick together closer when it comes to siblings....

1 person likes this.
  7. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

oh... how i wish to have a girl one day?
    im a mother of two boys and i always wanted baby gals. my inlaws too.

8. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

One of my friends had a second girl and her neighbor a true north indian came in to console her :eek:mg:. My friend blasted that neighbor.
    btt my parents have 2 daughters and trust me they are better looked after and understood than my PIL by their son. My mom can always find a willing ear to listen to her problems sometimes a simple maid problem will run on for hours. My MIL doesn't have that luxury.
    During both of my deliveries my MIL prayed to have a granddaughter that says a lot how parents of sons long to have daughters.
    Girls are more mature, more loving and caring.
    Let me congratulate your elder one its said that a sister is the greatest gift god can give.

2 people like this.
  9. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    I am mom of 2 boys and yes,i am considered lucky by many but and there is big but ,there are still many more who don't care either way whether we have 2 sons or 2 DDs but there are few who do question us that why did we go for 2nd one when our 1st born was boy.......I reply accordingly 'that we love kids ,that we were hoping for girl or we wanted sibling for our son & so on...........

Frankly ,I have seen that the older gen of our moms -MILs still may think along gender lines but the today gen of oursiblings, friends & cousing don't really care & the coming generation of recently engaged or getting married don't even stop to think & dream which gender offsprings they will prefer........atleast in urban India........rural India is separate story...

still as Mom I feel offended when people specially on online forum try to make moms of girls feel better by saying girls are more loving ,will take care of you in old age & so on,really why mother of girls needs to be made feel special ,ANY MOM IS SPECIAL........and who in right mind will want to put their kids in such situation that they are binded to us in old age instead of taking wings & flying where ever they want to.........
    who care if after 20 yrs my son will not love me as much as he does now ...........I am satisfied with my today ,and knows that today they love me as much as I love them ....I have no inclination to book his love for life.......and same goes for our girls .....its more then enough if they love/respect us today ........don't put pressure of girls by making them responsible for you better future......leave them free from your expectation....

sindmani likes this.
  10. Sai21

Sai21 New IL'ite

Hi.. My sister and I were raised in much similar conditions and I strongly support the point that it is all in the mind. You make the daughters the way you want them to be. Raise them in a way that they open their mouth in awe. Daughters are wonderful thing to happen. Enjoy the moments!!